What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

That’s terrible, PH. I really hope it gets sorted out soon.
Ack

Post by Ack »

PretentiousHipster wrote:Yea, paid sick leave is a great feature to have for sure.

One of my meds is an anti-psychotic, and I gotta take it in 2 pills because they don't really offer that many different sizes. For some reason the pharmacy, even after 2 weeks, didn't give me both of the required doses. Within a few days I got an episode and was maybe 95% towards committing suicide for psychosis reasons. I think the fact that it was "illogically logical" rather than emotional was scarier too cause there's a bigger chance of me doing it. But, I ran out of time and went to work instead lol.

I'm just taking 2 of the pills with some pill cutting to get as close to the previous dose as possible, and hopefully my doctor will resolve the issue soon.

I feel like it's a burden to talk about stuff like this, but then again it is a venting thread.

Damn, dude. I don't know anything about pharmacies in Canada, but are the 2 pills equal dosage, or is one lower than the other to reach a different approximate dosage?
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

I take a 1 mg and then a 0.5 mg pill on top of it as they don't offer 1.5. Not sure but I think the biggest pill size is 4 mg. It's amazing how just taking 1 instead of 1.5 screwed me up that badly, unless it was exacerbated by partial withdrawal?

For now I'm just cutting one of the 1 mg pills in half and taking that on top of it.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Depending on the medicine, a dosage decrease of that could potentially have an impact, but I wouldn't know. It's definitely something to talk to your doctor about.

And I actually have something similar with my anti-depressant, where I'm actually supposed to take half the pill in the morning. I'm prescribed higher dosage pills though in case I have an emergency and need to take a full one.
FireArm

Post by FireArm »

marurun wrote:So anyway, I'm learning the hard way about overindulging a hyper-focused child. In supporting their Pokemon habit they are becoming obsessive. They want to pretend to be a Pokemon all the time, and let me tell you, there is nothing fun for the parent to that, sadly. It also makes them disagreeable. So we're trying to enforce some variety (episode limits on the Pokemon TV series, for example). I don't want them to not be interested in Pokemon, but I really want them to have a healthier ability to move between interests and not be so fixated. Fingers crossed!

I gave up on the entire arena portion of the game three months ago. I play to complete my pokedex, which is a difficult task for players in rural areas.
Niantec may keep their coins; I do not require them. If the pokestop speedcap does not change, I'm afraid I'll have to give up after 101 pokedex entries.

Besides these I also love to code, recently working on a project (thenewsinsides) and love to spent more and more time on it.
Last edited by FireArm on Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Man, I feel like Saucony just gets my feet, y’know? I buy a pair of their shoes and my feet are happy. Never regretted a pair of Saucony. So I bought 2 pair. Turns out I don’t regret that, either.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Have you tried Ultraboosts? Extremely comfortable and they look great. Black grey gradient 2.0s are my everyday beaters.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
marurun

Post by marurun »

SamuraiMegas wrote:Have you tried Ultraboosts? Extremely comfortable and they look great. Black grey gradient 2.0s are my everyday beaters.

Are they available in wide (2E, not 4E)? I find that's a complicating factor.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:D Finally found a Funko Pop for my second oldest niece "Peach". While Daisy was easier to shop for, Peach's interests didn't translate as easily to finding an apropos Pop. But then I found, on Facebook of all places, that there's a series of Slurpee-inspired Pops so I messaged Robin to see which, if any, Peach would like.

:? Daisy's BTS Jungkook Pop was under $13 with free shipping from Amazon, but Peach's Slurpee Pop was $15, plus tax and almost $7 s/h. The Slurpee Pops are 7-Eleven exclusives, so that was to be expected.

Hopefully buying Pops for Paulina and Rosalina will be much easier.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I don't understand the obsession with pops at all. I have a few Cowboy Bebop ones and TOM from TOONAMI because there's little cheap merch for either property. They're kinda ugly and cheap looking to me tbh. TOM looks good though.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread