Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ack

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by Ack Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:52 pm

Read Blake Snyder's book, "Save the Cat". Before you try making anything, you need a script. Before you can write a script, read "Save the Cat".

And work on your log line. You've told me about the ages and relationships in that description, but what is the conflict? Are the half-brothers radically different from the adults? Is the conflict over learning how to be a parent suddenly, or is there something more sinister following the boys into the household? You gotta spell it out and make it interesting if you want to excite potential investors with your pitch.
marurun

by marurun Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:32 am

Between the internet and cheap tech (cameras built into cell phones, even) there is no reason whatsoever for someone who wants to be making films to not be writing scripts and filming scenes. People who “want” to make films are the ones who do nothing but wait for their perfect film ideas to spring forth from the aether fully formed. Nothing happens, nothing moves forward, until you do things. Lots of great people getting famous on YouTube.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:11 am

Hell, even just doing skits for tiktok would still count as practice.

You were writing some king of the hill fanfics before right? How is that coming along. You're going to have to write TONS if you wanna get good at it.

marurun wrote:People who “want” to make films are the ones who do nothing but wait for their perfect film ideas to spring forth from the aether fully formed. Nothing happens, nothing moves forward, until you do things. Lots of great people getting famous on YouTube.

One advantage of racing thoughts from mental illness is having like 10 ideas for a video come to fruition even while just playing the game :lol:
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:21 pm

:cry: First Kevin Conroy and now Jason David Frank.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

by Sload Soap Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:12 pm

Read "Save the Cat" and then immediately flush it from your mind. Follow this by shredding the book (your workplace is legally mandated to allow you to destroy harmful non-fiction) then use the cuttings to form your sript. The industry term for this is a Kurtzman.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:49 am

:shock: this week at my morning job has been brutal! With Thanksgiving being this week, it's been busy AF due to all the people ordering pies. I mean, LOTS of pies. Apparently starting back on Saturday they started something called Pie Week and given that fact they've been using dishes even more than usual. That and it means working every morning this week, including Thanksgiving morning. They're opened until noon to all the folks wanting an easy Thanksgiving breakfast. I've never worked a closing shift there but I did work the closing shift at a restaurant nearby. And let's just say thank God my family's doing Thanksgiving dinner at 5 tomorrow night.

:) Made a couple of Dream Pies, chocolate with a graham cracker crust, with my new hand mixer. Also got a bunch more presents to wrap.

:shock: I'm starting to have a hard time finding a place for everything. If I can get my brother's stuff out of here then that'd be a non-issue.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:16 pm

:D Had a marvelous Thanksgiving dinner with my mom, uncle, brother and sister-in-law. As usual I stuck with turkey with mashed potatoes and gravy, not to mentioned a buttered roll or two. I took half of one of the Dream Pies I made with me and left the other one with my uncle. We talked for a bit, my brother put on Once Upon a Time and watched a few episodes after giving up on finding a football game (none of my uncle's fiancée's streaming services had the game). At some point I loaded up YouTube and played some clips from the recent Beavis and Butthead revival and we all cracked up.

Definitely made up for the lousy day I had at my morning job. Due to the volume of dirty dishes, not to mention my unwillingness to choose speed over overall cleanliness, I didn't get out of there until half past 1, an hour and a half after we closed.
Ack

by Ack Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:14 am

Well, now that it's the day after Thanksgiving, I decided it was time to start getting ready for the next major holiday: MLK Day. I went ahead and pulled out my boxes of MLK decorations and started playing a couple of my favorite MLK albums so I can bake the traditional holiday cookies, because you gotta go all out for Martin Luther King Jr Day! I start looking forward to this every year around this time, and man, I can't wait to spend time with family while honoring Dr. King. He truly is the reason for the season, after all.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:44 pm

:o Some nice looking restaurants finally arriving in Augusta. Awesome Asian Noodle place just opened this past week (the address of the place is -- and I'm not even trying to be funny here -- 1 Stephen King Drive). Love my noodles.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:46 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote::o Some nice looking restaurants finally arriving in Augusta. Awesome Asian Noodle place just opened this past week (the address of the place is -- and I'm not even trying to be funny here -- 1 Stephen King Drive). Love my noodles.

Happy to hear it! There have been a few nice restaurants there for a while, though!
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever