What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
NotLuke
24-bit

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by NotLuke »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Rest in peace, Jack. Thank you for 17 amazing years of love and friendship.

The bond between man and dog is truly something amazing. Knowing that you gave Jack the best life possible counts for so much. Hope your heart heals soon.

Should you like to read an article on grieving for pet loss, one is below from the American Counseling Association.

https://ct.counseling.org/2021/08/a-fir ... nt=petloss
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

I'm so sorry to hear about that Elkin. I'm glad that I got to meet Jack and that he got to use my foot as a pillow. I know you kept him as comfortable for as long as your could.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Thanks everyone. I'm actually doing better than I expected. The first couple days were REALLY hard, and nights tend to be rather tough, but the knowledge that I made the right decision for him and that he's not in any pain or discomfort anymore gives me some solace.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Thanks everyone. I'm actually doing better than I expected. The first couple days were REALLY hard, and nights tend to be rather tough, but the knowledge that I made the right decision for him and that he's not in any pain or discomfort anymore gives me some solace.

I'm sure it also helps that it was something that you knew was coming with the building health problems. I can compare how my grandfather's death (long battle with pancreatic cancer) vs. my aunt's death (murder) affected the family; the former was FAR easier than the latter because we could see the writing on the wall and had been emotionally steeling ourselves for it.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

Elkin, I'm so sorry man. My childhood dog was a beagle, and they're such wonderful, devoted pups. I had a hard time when Maggie was put down, because I was away at college. She obviously wasn't doing well, had a bunch of similar tumors and cancer-related growths, but my parents had to make the decision in my absence. She was obviously in a lot of pain, but that didn't make it any harder.

I am sure that Jack was so happy to have had you as an owner, and I'm happy to see that you're finding ways to remember/honor his life. I'm glad that you've also got lots of support through the grieving process.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Sorry to hear Elkin. I had to put my 2 dogs to sleep due to health issues in a little over a year timespan recently. Both were right at 14. Not to make it about me, but saying I feel for you brother.

I tend to use this thread as a check-in. Hi to everyone. I've been working a ton and picked up a lot of new clients. Good problem as it equates to income in my world of 3rd party IT consulting. So adult job-ing & family time taking up most of my time.

Smile... I did get to participate in the initial Halo Infinite flight and I loved it.

Also... I've done a decent amount of mods to my truck lately. That's taken up my tinkering time... & hobby funds lol. I have a newer (2017) Tahoe for the family. My daily driver truck just hit 11 years old so been pumping some new life into her. Maybe time to update the RB car thread... she's looking clean. She's about to get an upgrade to 33" tires from 32s. All new suspension done.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I got my second covid shot yesterday and was UNBELIEVABLY sick last night. Shortness of breath, non stop puking, everything hurt, the works. I was the only person home when I started getting a little shortness of breath around 2am- freaked me out so bad I called my parents because I was just straight up getting scared at that point. I felt so sick I could barely comprehend what was happening. Let's pray today goes better.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

SamuraiMegas wrote:I got my second covid shot yesterday and was UNBELIEVABLY sick last night. Shortness of breath, non stop puking, everything hurt, the works. I was the only person home when I started getting a little shortness of breath around 2am- freaked me out so bad I called my parents because I was just straight up getting scared at that point. I felt so sick I could barely comprehend what was happening. Let's pray today goes better.

Glad you got your shot, SamuraiMegas. The second shot will give you a reaction, albeit (typically) milder, than catching the actual virus. I hope you’re feeling better today. I took about 24 hours to get over mine.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I've recovered a bit but I'm definitely still sick. Hope I don't have to get a 3rd shot as a booster, both the 1st and 2nd made me really sick
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Get well soon, SamuraiMegas!

:| Hours getting cut. Food Lion has me only working Friday to Monday and Duck Donuts cut me down to two mornings (Saturday and Sunday).

Glad to have more free time and more opportunities to not have to wake up at 6am to the sound of Carly Simon's "Let the River Run". It's still my wake-up alarm but now I can set it later.

But this also means less income and having to spend spring and possibly a good part of summer paying off 10-15 hundred bucks in back rent.

So naturally I'm trying to figure out how to buy Nintendo Switches for my nieces (the boys, "Mario and Luigi" would, as Robyn would say, "have them for breakfast"). On my last trip up the beach, my oldest niece said she played one at her friend's house and apparently liked the game Just Dance. Personally, my rhythm game of choice is DDR. And my youngest niece accidentally heard me run the idea past Robyn and when I said I wanted it to be a surprise she said she'd probably forget by then. :lol:

But seriously, even if I threw in a case, screen protectors and a few games (New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, Link's Awakening, Pokemon Shield/Sword and Borderlands Legendary Collection), if my mom, dad, brother, his girlfriend, the girls' moms, et al, all pitched in it'd only cost $300 per person, give or take, to buy four of everything.