What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by REPO Man »

Voltage is bitchin'! It reminds me of Zydrate but without the glow.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

All this talk about Mountain Dew gives me this vibe, especially the 2nd half https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM1Of_OBUjw
Gucci
64-bit

Post by Gucci »

PretentiousHipster wrote:All this talk about Mountain Dew gives me this vibe, especially the 2nd half https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM1Of_OBUjw

And on that note

(Gucci has left the chat…)
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Gucci wrote:
PretentiousHipster wrote:All this talk about Mountain Dew gives me this vibe, especially the 2nd half https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM1Of_OBUjw

And on that note

:lol: No worries, although I haven't had soft drinks in years so dunno how Mountain Dew is (I know the selection here in Canada is a fraction to what they have in America). Dorian Electra's album is wonderfully absurdist.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

PretentiousHipster wrote:
Gucci wrote:

And on that note

:lol: No worries, although I haven't had soft drinks in years so dunno how Mountain Dew is (I know the selection here in Canada is a fraction to what they have in America). Dorian Electra's album is wonderfully absurdist.

I also gave up cokes, soft drinks, whatever ya'll call them, a few years ago. feel alot better since.

food lion is low on the depth chart of grocery stores to me. the meat, deli, and produce section are trash.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

I only like one Mountain Dew commercial from the year 2000. https://youtu.be/my6W2JMwscw
I also no longer eat or drink much sugar, and have stopped drinking any carbonated drinks with sugar. I drink club soda and Pepsico's Bubly almost exclusively. I like Pepsi Zero once in a while. I do make an exception, as I do with really good weed. Mountain Dew's Baja Blast is actually the best soft drink ever made, and I'll drink a bottle of it if I can find it.
@ REPO - Glad to hear your child is okay.
I know Mountain Dew has had a lot more caffeine in it here in Canada than was allowed in the states, until about 10 years ago. I preferred Jolt Cola when binge programming with caffeine back in the 90s.
I hear there's certain states that Four Loko can have an especially strong mix because of lax laws that has caused hospitalizations. That's awesome. Anyone had an OOB experience? What do the especially strong cocktails taste like - is is like too-strong bad-vodka flavor mixed with the regular soda?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

I had a few four loko's before they changed it. I dont really care for flavored malt beer drinks, heartburn city. Nothing special. Got buzzed and not the tiredness lol. I'd rather drink redbull/vodka if I'm doing something like that. Being it was 2 diuretics, you probably had kids drink excess and dehydrate or something, screwing it for everybody else
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Found out that my instability mental health-wise can be caused by caffeine. Not only does it trigger episodes, but it lowers the metabolism of one of my meds, decreasing its effectiveness. The problem is that my meds are "no heavy machinery" level drowsy, so I pretty much have a coffee once every few hours so I can stay awake.

I guess this explains why I sleep 12-15 hours a day sometimes, but this is a pretty bad dilemma.
marurun

Post by marurun »

You could try lower caffeine doses. Maybe switch to a cup of tea occasionally? Sometimes issues like that have a dosage threshold.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

marurun wrote:You could try lower caffeine doses. Maybe switch to a cup of tea occasionally? Sometimes issues like that have a dosage threshold.

Been trying green/black tea hybrids and either way I drink tons of water because I wanna avoid a kidney stone. They sometimes work, but there are times (even with coffee) where drinking them actually makes me more tired.

When I work the full time shift though I have a coffee every 1.5-2 hours. One of those jobs where you sprint the entire time for poverty wages.