Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
marurun

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by marurun Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:36 am

Well, I'm glad you'll be making content. I could see some folks finding KotH and Dr. Who content back to back getting whiplash, though, so be careful to separate your playlists.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Blu
Next-Gen

by Blu Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:42 am

REPO Man wrote:Thankfully, "whatever I want" isn't too broad. It's all, for the most part, centered around pop culture. Like one week, I could post a KOTHy Klatch episode delving into "what if" scenarios, like how the show would be different if, for example, Cotton wasn't around for Hank's childhood or if Hank didn't have a narrow urethra. Then, next week I'd probably do a TARDIS Talk episode and post a ranking of ten non-UK actors I could see playing The Doctor or ten IPs I could see Doctor Who crossing over with.

I guess think of it more like a TV channel or a small-time streaming service, offering a variety of shows bound by an overarching theme.

Kind of like how Cinemassacre is mostly known for AVGN, but they've also done movie reviews and even music videos for the band Rex Viper. Also, holy fuck! They sound awesome.

Or how PushingUpRoses talks about everything from Golden Girls and Murder, She Wrote to classic adventure games and strange movies.

And increasing the mix to 3dB seems to work, though I wish recorded voice sounded better.

All of these spin-offs tend to happen after the channel amasses a following. You're not there yet. Focus on one thing. Do it well. Then open up some other avenues of content.
Limewater
Next-Gen

by Limewater Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:18 pm

Blu wrote:All of these spin-offs tend to happen after the channel amasses a following. You're not there yet. Focus on one thing. Do it well. Then open up some other avenues of content.

I agree with this, mostly. But, REPO, I would suggest you go ahead an try a few different types of videos starting out, since you have a few different ideas. That way you'll get a better feel for which ones you actually enjoy making and which ones you can actually bear to watch.

But yeah, once you figure out what you're well-suited to, stick with it. The person who is interested in your KOTH content is probably a lot more interested in more KOTH content than Doctor Who.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:17 pm

Had yet another island-wide "communications outage". Basically cell and internet service crapped out at some point and just came back a while ago.
marurun

by marurun Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:00 pm

REPO Man wrote:Had yet another island-wide "communications outage". Basically cell and internet service crapped out at some point and just came back a while ago.

The Russians are trying to isolate you! Watch out for their invasion force.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:01 pm

:shock: :lol: Opened Chrome on my phone in the break room at work and found out I forgot to close a tab with... less than worksafe friendly content.

Thank God no one else was in here.
Markies
Next-Gen

by Markies Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:17 pm

:cry:

My furnace stopped working over the weekend, so I did not have any heat until Tuesday afternoon. On Sunday night, the low was 29 and I woke up on Monday Morning to a house that was 50. On Tuesday, it warmed up to about 60 or so.

Thankfully, somebody came by Monday and Tuesday to fix it. I was able to do some things to at least get some heat during the day, but at night, it was completely gone at night. Do not recommend it at all.
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:37 pm

That's rough, Markies, but I'm glad to hear you were able to get it repaired within a few days. Hopefully your heat continues to work okay.

We've had two sunny days here, it's been nice that the weather's warming up a bit. I've made an effort to get away from my desk for a bit while working, and take a short walk to enjoy it.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:12 pm

Sorry to hear that. If the weather where you are is like the weather where I live, not having heat would be hell.

But hopefully the weather all over gets and stays warmer.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:27 pm

Anyone else having a hard time sometimes visiting the site? A few times today and yesterday the site seemed to not work, usually in the morning.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever