Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Gucci
64-bit

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by Gucci Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:39 pm

I’m catching up here: what’s going on with New Bern? We’re all moving to New Bern, NC?
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
opa
128-bit

by opa Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:40 pm

yes
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:47 pm

Sweet! Let’s all take over an apartment building and set up a LAN with Ethernet cables snaked throughout the building for some LAN parties.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:05 pm

From what I've heard from you folks re: VR, the technology isn't far enough yet to warrant the purchase in the near future based solely on my intended and realistic frequency of usage.

And no one's moving to New Bern and doing LAN parties... that I know of.

But speaking of technology, I think I finally settled on a name for my YouTube channel.

I'm going with David's Orbit, but a decent name means nothing if video and audio are total crap. That's why I recorded a message to the Racketboy forum, which obviously lacks the editing skills, scripting and rehearsal of my future videos. I'm thinking my first video, not counting my obligatory "welcome to my channel"-type video, should be the inaugural episode of my King of the Hill discussion series KOTHy Klatch, which I'm leaning towards it being a general video about what I like and don't like, with future episodes revolving around theories, what-ifs, episode rankings and various other discussions.

Currently I'm leaning towards content in the vein of Johnny2Cellos and Wicked Binge and eventually branching out into vlogs, rant videos and there's one idea of doing a cooking show with my niblings called "Cooking with Munchkins".

Wish me luck.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:57 pm

Good luck.
marurun

by marurun Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:19 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Good luck.

Good luck to us all.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:24 pm

Emergency... emergency...

Incoming enemy fighters. Prepare to launch.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Limewater
Next-Gen

by Limewater Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:40 pm

REPO Man wrote:Wish me luck.

Good luck.

I think your audio quality is pretty decent for starting out. However, your mix is really quiet. You could easily stand to be 3dB louder.

I don't think you need a "welcome to my channel" video unless you just want the practice.

My uninformed opinion:

Try out a few different things, but eventually you probably want to pick a particular topic or theme for your channel. "Whatever I want" isn't going to be a very compelling channel topic. People who are interested in one thing you like are less likely to be interested in other things. There are plenty of retro gaming channels I've enjoyed, but that doesn't mean I want to watch those people talk about other things.

Back to informed opinions:

Don't get a VR headset.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:59 pm

Thankfully, "whatever I want" isn't too broad. It's all, for the most part, centered around pop culture. Like one week, I could post a KOTHy Klatch episode delving into "what if" scenarios, like how the show would be different if, for example, Cotton wasn't around for Hank's childhood or if Hank didn't have a narrow urethra. Then, next week I'd probably do a TARDIS Talk episode and post a ranking of ten non-UK actors I could see playing The Doctor or ten IPs I could see Doctor Who crossing over with.

I guess think of it more like a TV channel or a small-time streaming service, offering a variety of shows bound by an overarching theme.

Kind of like how Cinemassacre is mostly known for AVGN, but they've also done movie reviews and even music videos for the band Rex Viper. Also, holy fuck! They sound awesome.

Or how PushingUpRoses talks about everything from Golden Girls and Murder, She Wrote to classic adventure games and strange movies.

And increasing the mix to 3dB seems to work, though I wish recorded voice sounded better.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:04 am

MrPopo wrote:

Emergency... emergency...

Incoming enemy fighters. Prepare to launch.

:lol:
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever