What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by REPO Man »

:D This week has been a good week for getting Kickstarter rewards. My copy of the Space Invaders board game and codes for Moon Raiders and Battle Axe along with my ROM for Magnilo for NES all came this week.
Last edited by REPO Man on Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

stickem wrote:Dam it, shock g (digital underground) died. That's mf doom, dmx, black rob and humpty like the last 6 months. Alot of guys I grew up listening to passing on. RIP.

Sad to hear about all of these artists passing away, I'm fans of them as well.

DMX and MF Doom were especially tough to take, as they were two of my favorites.

I had a chance to see DMX perform in 2017 at a Ruff Ryders reunion show and it was great. But my only chance to see MF Doom perform was back in 2004 when Madvillainy came out and I couldn't make that show. Wish I could've saw him live.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Just passed my final for my math class & the class itself, after having to drop it last semester! Now if only I had some beer money to go celebrate...
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

SamuraiMegas wrote:Just passed my final for my math class & the class itself, after having to drop it last semester! Now if only I had some beer money to go celebrate...

Congrats!
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

A few customs I did in Soul Calibur VI, along with their inspiration:

Drag performer Sharon Needles:
ImageImage
In lieu of a direct approximation of any particular look of hers, I went with something in the overall goth/punk style she often wears.

Broadway legend Patti Lupone:
Imagehttps://twitter.com/PattiLuPone/status/1242244840815026176
I went with the red button-up shirt and dark slacks she wore in a video she posted on Twitter. She also recently dyed her hair and I incorporated that into the custom character.

Stand-up comedian Matteo Lane:
ImageImage
He totally looks like Shore Leave from The Venture Bros, doesn't he? But seriously check out his stand-up. He's hella funny and he's also a trained opera singer. He's also an artist (he posts lots of artwork on his IG and apparently even works on a comic strip with Bob the Drag Queen).

Lola from Kinky Boots: The Musical
ImageImage
I went with the outfit Lola wore in the Land of Lola number, which can be found (legally) on YouTube, taken from the proshot production. Interestingly she originally looked more like Chiwetel Ejiofor from the original film but I made her look more like Lola from the musical.
NotLuke
24-bit

Post by NotLuke »

SamuraiMegas wrote:Just passed my final for my math class & the class itself, after having to drop it last semester!

Kick ass. Way to go.

A few of my animation cels from Captain N The Gamemaster were ready to pick up today.

And I'm getting the Eggplant Wizard framed and matted with a light purple. Looking forward to finishing the gameroom for a while a least.

prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

SamuraiMegas wrote:Just passed my final for my math class & the class itself, after having to drop it last semester! Now if only I had some beer money to go celebrate...

Agreed. We’re rooting for you, SM, and I’m always glad to hear your doing so well. Keep it up!

Also, very nice game room acquisition, NotLuke! Those look great.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I failed my accounting final by 4 points, but luckily it didn't matter- I just had to make sure I didn't make below a 37, which was honestly easier said than done... C's get degrees though! I actually managed to pull my math grade up to a B much to my surprise, so my GPA is still looking good.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:( Food Lion cut my hours this week. Six-hour shifts in lieu of seven and it's possible my shifts for next week will only be five hours. I know this last part because the new time clock we use (which uses a fingerprint scanner) can show us our schedules but only for the next five days. And I'm still working six nights a week instead of five. That means that when I was working 7 hours a night, I would be scheduled 42 hours, but since I have to clock out for lunch, that takes our 30 minutes a day, which ends with me getting paid for 39 hours. I've pretty much given up on going back to the third-shift stock crew (it's been roughly a year and a half), which sucks because at some point they had me cleaning the bathrooms three times a day instead of just at the end of my shift.

:? Been drinking Reign Infernal Red Dragon. I switched to Reign back in 2019 when I noticed it had no sugar added and more caffeine when compared to Monster. Well, technically I switched to Bang first but when my shoulder started hurting I wondered if it could have been because Bang has creatine in it. So I switched from Bang to Reign, but will drink Bang if it's on sale. But a few weeks ago I decided to buy Reign by the case from Amazon, which technically is cheaper since it's $20 for a 12 pack, which makes it less than $2 a can, while it's $2.29 a can at Food Lion or as low as 2/$4 when it's on sale (Bang's pretty much the same way). I decided to try Reign Infernal Red Dragon, which is apparently capable of helping to burn calories and accelerate the metabolism (going by what the can says). Now, I'll pretty much drink a can before a shift, meaning if I work at Duck Donuts I'll drink one after waking up (6am) and if I work Food Lion I'll drink one before heading out the door. This essentially means that a few days a week I'll drink two spaced 6-10 hours apart. I've noticed that I feel warmer and I seem to burn food quicker.

:?: Been thinking about finding a side hustle, which just means making something in my spare time and selling it.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I think that’s a great idea, REPO, and I can’t wait to see what you make.

Also, I am not sure all of those energy drinks are good for you. Instead of drinking so many, you may just want to try adding some more exercise to your daily routine. Just a few minutes each day would probably give you all the benefits you’re seeking without all the stress associated with the energy drinks.