What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
MrPopo

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by MrPopo »

And yet when you were called out about your weird usage of spoiler tags you were very clear that one of the important parts of your post was tape related.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Ack

Post by Ack »

REPO Man wrote:
marurun wrote:
REPO Man wrote:At least I'm not talking about tape like it's the second coming of Christ.

But you were the inspiration and driving force behind it.

I didn't make it the focus of my post, as opposed to folks practically writing psalms and scriptures about tape.

Seriously, don't knock it. If you really want into production, you're gonna learn that tape is used everywhere. Every crew job uses tape. A lot of tape. Doesn't matter of you're doing a movie, a commercial, or a play. Tape is one of the most important tools to get used. Don't disrespect it.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

I'm not disrespecting tape. I just don't form my entire life around it.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I think maybe if you just joined the Cult of the Duck everything would adhere together so much more neatly.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Did anyone watch the launch of the Artemis I mission last night? It was a hell of a big rocket.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
marurun

Post by marurun »

MrPopo wrote:Did anyone watch the launch of the Artemis I mission last night? It was a hell of a big rocket.

What rocket did they use? Was that the new SLS?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Yeah, it was the SLS. The whole thing was completely clean across the board. I hadn't been following the program closely; I didn't realize they were planning to go manned on Artemis II and a landing on Artemis III.
marurun

Post by marurun »

MrPopo wrote:Yeah, it was the SLS. The whole thing was completely clean across the board. I hadn't been following the program closely; I didn't realize they were planning to go manned on Artemis II and a landing on Artemis III.

SLS program needed this win. Behind schedule and over budget used to be the norm, but private programs are starting to eat into that norm, and SLS needed to prove it could do what it needs to do.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

marurun wrote:I think maybe if you just joined the Cult of the Duck everything would adhere together so much more neatly.

I mean, tape can often get you out of a bind.

For example: https://youtu.be/QDhii9v6SGg?t=128
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Look, we all went through a phase where we thought making stuff out of duct tape was totally tits, but some of us grew up, expanded our knowledge and realized that making a tuxedo out of duct tape was asinine.

:lol: So I ordered a copy of the 1995 Mortal Kombat movie for the kids, but either I misread something, they used the wrong picture or sent the wrong item but I ended up getting a triple feature with MK
95, the God awful '97 sequel and in a possible act of accidental negligence the first season of MK Legacy, which on of itself wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't TV-MA.