What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
stickem
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by stickem »

It's not always the sugar, creatine overload, like bangs
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

That's why I'm definitely going back to just one can a day, save for any day I don't have to work either job. Especially since the caffeine crash is pretty bad. That means I'll be able to make an entire 12-pack last two weeks. And since I'll be running out around the same general time I can subscribe to it on Amazon, getting a 12-pack sent every other week and I'll get a discount.

And as far as Bang goes, I heard that the creatine and caffeine don't exactly get along. I think the caffeine nerfs the creatine, or vice versa. Also creatine, which isn't in Reign, can be hell on joints IIRC.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Have you ever considered eating home cooked meals and getting a proper amount of sleep?
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
marurun

Post by marurun »

MrPopo wrote:Have you ever considered eating home cooked meals and getting a proper amount of sleep?

Ain’t nobody got time (or money) for that shit, popes.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

MrPopo wrote:Have you ever considered eating home cooked meals and getting a proper amount of sleep?

This right here
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

marurun wrote:
o.pwuaioc wrote:Sugar overload is probably the most of it. Coffee black (or a tiny splash of milk) does me just fine, but anything high in sugar makes me feel sluggish.

It's a sugar-free energy drink. It's definitely the way-too-much caffeine.

I was referring to stickem's mention of soda, not REPO's consumption of way too much caffeine.

Cutting excess sugar down gave me an energy boost. Of course, I never get close to 600 or even 400 mg of caffeine.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

marurun wrote:

Ain’t nobody got time (or money) for that shit, popes.

Plus I work until 10pm (9pm starting this Sunday), get up at 6am on the days I work my morning job and currently have three mornings to sleep past 6am (two of which I sleep until 10am) and currently one night where I can go to bed before 10pm.

Even with Food Lion cutting my hours next week, I'm working 40-60+ hours a week and getting under 6 hours of sleep most nights. And most of my meals are made in the microwave.
Golgo 14
128-bit

Post by Golgo 14 »

Good advice but easier said than done when you're working that many hours in those kinds of jobs. Reminds me of the late 90s after I dropped out of college and worked overnights at Target 50+ hours a week for two and a half years. I was slightly overweight on my first day and within six months I was skin and bones after dropping 50 pounds. I felt like I didn't have time to eat, which obviously wasn't literally true, but good decision making isn't what brought me to working overnights at Target. Still, it's honest work, and something to be proud of. Just try to take care of yourself as much as you can.
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Plus for me "homemade" either means a turkey melt with bacon, cheese fries or egg whites with bacon and cheese on bread. But pretty much always with sriracha, which given its spicy nature can help with weight loss.

I could really go for some homemade sorbet. Raspberry and/or strawberry, but only if I can get the seeds out somehow. And then pair that with some peanut butter cup ice cream.

That actually reminds me of when I worked at that ice cream place back in late '06/early '07 (I think I was posting in this thread back then). I used to take the raspberry sorbet and the peanut butter cup ice cream, with a roughly 1:1 ratio, and make a shake that way. I swear it tasted just like a PB&J, ironic since I'm pretty much 100% a grape jelly stan.
marurun

Post by marurun »

REPO Man wrote: But pretty much always with sriracha, which given its spicy nature can help with weight loss.

Unproven. Besides, even if it did boost metabolism, it would only help if you were actively working to burn calories. Boosting your resting metabolic rate is pretty worthless. If you want to lose weight you need to do it with an eating and activity plan, not by trying to supplement your way there.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.