Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by REPO Man Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:53 pm

My oldest niece LITERALLY told my mom she wanted a Switch for Christmas and my youngest niece literally got excited when she accidentally overheard me running the idea of possibly getting a Switch. Also last year she got excited when I got her and her sister a Sega Genesis Mini, at first because she thought it could run Fortnite (which is on the Switch) and then a few days later told me how much she enjoyed it and how Sonic was her favorite.

My only concern is the boys, since they'd probably be upset if they don't get Switches of their own and if they did get Switches they'd break them. At least with the one-year-olds they wouldn't even notice… unless I get them each a giant teddy bear. Definitely a step up from a Pikachu plush with a Santa hat.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:00 pm

But uncle Repo can't even put together rent money. There's no reason he should be trying to get expensive pieces of electronics for people.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:01 pm

I need to go lay down…
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
marurun

by marurun Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:04 pm

Uncle REPO is setting up unrealistic expectations and has the financial sense of lizard roadkill.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:24 pm

I know it shouldn't bother me but I take issue that he was going to use GoFundMe as a tool to cover his lack of money management.

“I make bad decisions with money. But give me some of your money so that I can make even more bad decisions with your money too!”

I didn’t say anything when he was going to set up a GFM for NYC. But now, this is kinda lame.
marurun

by marurun Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:37 pm

Gucci wrote:I know it shouldn't bother me but I take issue that he was going to use GoFundMe as a tool to cover his lack of money management.

“I make bad decisions with money. But give me some of your money so that I can make even more bad decisions with your money too!”

I agree, but anyone who donated knowing Repo would be a fool deserving of being parted with their money, so there is that.

You will note that the rest of his family seems to actually understand that not having money for what you want means you have to put off what you want in favor of what you need…
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:59 pm

How do we know Repo is a real person and not just some elaborate prank played on us by Dave? Have you all ever seen them both in the same room at the same time? I think not!
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:13 pm

I can't believe you can read so many people telling you something is a terrible idea and just keep going man
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:18 pm

SamuraiMegas wrote:I can't believe you can read so many people telling you something is a terrible idea and just keep going man

I believe that is the equivalent of holding your hands over your ears tightly and yelling “lalalalalalalalala!” Though I don’t know if there are factors involved for why this is a constant battle. I’m very new to this board but from my foray into the trenches not too long ago, that was but a single battle over a long war of attrition.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:36 pm

Gucci wrote:
SamuraiMegas wrote:I can't believe you can read so many people telling you something is a terrible idea and just keep going man

I believe that is the equivalent of holding your hands over your ears tightly and yelling “lalalalalalalalala!” Though I don’t know if there are factors involved for why this is a constant battle. I’m very new to this board but from my foray into the trenches not too long ago, that was but a single battle over a long war of attrition.

It was already a meme when I joined.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever