What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Limewater
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by Limewater »

alienjesus wrote:I've been doing a little soldering lately, which has introduced me to a new type of tape I haven't really be familiar with before. It's called kapton tape, and it's been pretty handy for keeping wires out of the way.

We use kapton all the time at work.

Slightly surprising, it is very difficult to find electrical tape at work. The technicians sneer at it because it's janky and we'd never put it on something that we deliver, but we engineers need it sometimes for temporary things we are setting up for internal use. I need to remember to just bring in my own roll.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

Ziggy587 wrote:Why use brown packing tape at all over clear tape? All of the brown packing tapes I've encountered were like low tack clear packing tape (which is sometimes good when you're trying to open a package).

Brown packing tape is better for moving, apart from, arguably, sealing carboard boxes.

For example, if you have a piece of furniture that will be wrapped in a moving blanket, brown packing tape is great for wrapping around the blanket to keep it in place. It will pull off without damaging it. Clear packing tape will pull a layer off your moving blanket.

Also, if you end up taping your upholstery or wood furniture during the move, the brown packing tape is less likely to leave a residue or pull off the finish.

Brown packing tape will also damage your carboard boxes less if you are using it to seal, better allowing for multiple uses. However, this is a trade-off for security.

I am not personally aware of other situations where brown tape is a better choice than clear packing tape, but next time I'm moving I will definitely be on the lookout for brown tape.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:roll: Fucked up no one's started a dedicated tape thread yet.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

What do you mean, this is the tape thread?

My recent adventures have been pretty plain. Not even sure if I ate anything on Thanksgiving, I didn't leave my computer chair most of the day tbh since I didn't go anywhere.

While glued to my chair I created the intro to my groups album.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1usAxXw ... p=drivesdk

Still a WIP.

Also picked up a vintage Triumph Motorcycles varsity jacket today. https://imgur.com/a/Kp1eVan (for sale, $75 shipped :wink: ) unfortunately a little too big on me. Saw a sold one go for like 200 bucks on grailed though so its a good pickup.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
marurun

Post by marurun »

REPO Man wrote::roll: Fucked up no one's started a dedicated tape thread yet.

You don’t have a separate personal diary thread, either.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

I literally post only the most noteworthy things that happen, just like everyone else here. I just have the misfortune of not having much excitement in my life. The most interesting story I have to tell didn't even happen to me.

But excuse me for assuming that I had the same right to talk about what made me smile or tick me off as everyone else. I mean, it's not like it's the name of the thread or anything. :roll:
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

What Made Me Smile Today : tape…

What Ticked Me Off Today: TAPE!!!
marurun

Post by marurun »

And we can be amused or frustrated by tape.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

At least try to keep a 1:3 ratio of tape to non-tape posts.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

You’re trying to limit what people can discuss relating to tape in this thread this close to Christmas ?