So what have you guys been watching lately?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Re: So what have you guys been watching lately?

Post by Nemoide »

Then I will give that one a try!
NotLuke
24-bit

Post by NotLuke »

My fiends disagree, big time, but I prefer F&WS over Loki. Loki's constant horrible greenscreen just sucks me out of it. And Hiddleston (sp?) fight scenes are laughable.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Personally, I just don't care about the MCU anymore. I have zero interest in Loki, WandaVision, F&WS, or the new Black Widow movie. Frankly, I was kind of already done with the MCU when Avengers: Endgame came out, which I didn't think was all that great of a movie.

The MCU is just played out and boring in my opinion. It's time for a reboot or something. I honestly would like to see DC finally get its act together and provide a real alternative to the MCU quite frankly.

The best thing going on Disney+ in my opinion is still the Star Wars stuff. The movies have been crap in recent years but we still have some good shows like The Mandalorian and The Bad Batch. I'm looking forward to some of the spinoffs like the one with Ahsoka Tano

IMO Disney+ is really getting outdone by Netflix, with stuff like Castlevania, Cobra Kai, and The Witcher, and Amazon with The Expanse, Invincible, and the occasional cool movie like The Tomorrow War
marurun

Post by marurun »

I think WandaVision might actually be a turning point in the MCU. It actually puts a lot of focus on characters, for one.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

With the MCU and DCU going the multiverse route, I'd naturally love to see some Marvel vs DC and Amalgam Comics projects.
marurun

Post by marurun »

REPO Man wrote:With the MCU and DCU going the multiverse route, I'd naturally love to see some Marvel vs DC and Amalgam Comics projects.

The Marvel DC crossovers have never been particularly good, unfortunately. And those two behemoths will DEFINITELY be even less likely to play nicely now.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

My wife and I wrapped up The Underground Railroad last night. It is one of the best TV series I’ve ever seen, and I think Barry Jenkins is the most talented writers/directors working today. The show is intermittently beautiful, heartbreaking, and terrifying. It is frequently a very tough watch, and despite its historical fantasy setting, it is not escape its entertainment by any means. Still, I thought it was absolutely outstanding, and I am so happy to have seen it.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

marurun wrote:I think WandaVision might actually be a turning point in the MCU. It actually puts a lot of focus on characters, for one.

I found that Black Widow similarly spent a lot of time on characters and their interactions, with the action parts being more to remind you that these characters can kick ass. But it's never the point of the movie.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

So I was doing some work today, well yesterday actually as it's past midnight right now, and had Green Lantern the Animated Series on in the background. I have already seen this show back when it aired on TV, yet I found myself getting distracted from my work a few times and got sucked into it again. I watched several episodes back to back. This show is extremely good, definitely reminds me of DC animation's better days when we had shows like Batman the Animated series, Justice League Unlimited, Batman Beyond, Static Shock, the original Teen Titans (not Teen Titans Go), etc.

I think when the show originally came out it met some backlash for being CGI instead of traditionally animated, but now I just see it as a great CGI show that is on par with something like The Clone Wars (2008). I highly recommend it. Also, while it's not related, Justice League vs The Fatal Five is also awesome. It feels like a movie that would fit right in with Justice League Unlimited, and focuses particularly on a Green Lantern. Honestly, it feels like a lost, extended, episode of JLU.

While I have DC on the brain, maybe I will check out Superman and Lois. I am hearing good things about it, sounds like it is much better than much of the other DC drek we've gotten from the CW (like the awful Batwoman)
Ninjamaster
16-bit

Post by Ninjamaster »

I rewatched "Interstellar" and "Inception" great movies!
My collection Updated 2021: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=31763