Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: So what have you guys been watching lately?

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:28 pm

We started the second season of Alex Rider on IMDB TV (a/k/a Prime Video with ads), and it is great. The first season was spectacular, and the second season is off to an auspicious start. This show is criminally underrated, taking a pretty ridiculous YA spy book series, and transforming it into an excellent espionage series, and I really can’t recommend it highly enough.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:41 am

I feel like everything I like has returned this month. The Expanse, Cobra Kai, The Witcher, and in place of The Mandalorian I get a spinoff in the form of The Book of Bobba Fett

Plus, I haven't finished Arcane or watched The Squid Game yet.

I feel spoiled.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:02 am

Been watching Solar Opposites. Great if you're a fan of Rick and Morty.
Limewater
Next-Gen

by Limewater Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:35 pm

Unpopular opinion, but I finished the Netflix adaptation of Cowboy Bebop and thought it was great.

I've been aware of the original for years and years, but never prioritized watching it.

I'm really not sure what everyone else hated about it. I can absolutely believe a bunch of fans of the anime being disappointed, but I have to imagine that most other viewers also had not.

I'm slightly disappointed that there won't be a second season, but I'm also not sure where they would go with it.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:08 pm

Ack wrote:
stickem wrote:watching my favorite series Dexter, and the new series finale i guess. It's so so, but glad to have it back.

As an X-Files fan, I wish you luck.

Yep, that didn't go so well. Glad to have had that show back for a season , but the writers fucked the finale up twice. Oh well. Me and the wife are watching Breaking Bad now. Missed that one back then

I did know that Michael C Hall had a band, not to bad. https://youtu.be/y4491pph2-0
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:20 pm

Beavis and Butthead, but I've also started rewatching Steven Universe on HBO Max.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:31 am

stickem wrote:
Ack wrote:
stickem wrote:watching my favorite series Dexter, and the new series finale i guess. It's so so, but glad to have it back.

Yep, that didn't go so well. Glad to have had that show back for a season , but the writers fucked the finale up twice. Oh well. Me and the wife are watching Breaking Bad now. Missed that one back then

I did know that Michael C Hall had a band, not to bad. https://youtu.be/y4491pph2-0

The beginning reminds me of "I Am the Walrus."
marurun

by marurun Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:06 pm

So I watched the second episode of Netflix's Cowboy Bebop and...

I really like it. I enjoyed it more than the first episode. I think a lot of people disliking the series, based on watching the two first episodes, seem to have imagined some particular expectations. On the one hand, I get that: so far the series is sticking rather close to the original in some aspects, but is veering rather far from the source material in others. On the other hand, it is definitely making its own path, and I happen to really enjoy that path so far.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:50 pm

stickem wrote:
Ack wrote:

The beginning reminds me of "I Am the Walrus."[/quote]

He'd do well on The Masked Singer. Good voice, under the radar name/actor that's been in some well known stuff.

as a Danny Mcbride fan, starting The Righteous Gemstones
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:08 am

marurun wrote:So I watched the second episode of Netflix's Cowboy Bebop and...

I really like it. I enjoyed it more than the first episode. I think a lot of people disliking the series, based on watching the two first episodes, seem to have imagined some particular expectations. On the one hand, I get that: so far the series is sticking rather close to the original in some aspects, but is veering rather far from the source material in others. On the other hand, it is definitely making its own path, and I happen to really enjoy that path so far.

I'm glad someone is enjoying it (I certainly didn't), but just so you know, I believe they cancelled it. There's a petition out there to try and bring it back though if you want to sign it
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever