Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: The Official Racketboy IRC Channel: PLEASE READ FIRST PO

by BogusMeatFactory Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:36 pm

Stark wrote:
o.pwuaioc wrote:Why close off people with Slack? What was wrong with IRC?

Not trying to close of people. No one was ever in IRC and there are some niceties to Slack with notifications and whatnot that aren't available at least in the web clients I was using.

There are frequently 15 - 20 active people at a time in Slack, in my time here we rarely, if ever, saw that much activity in IRC.

Yeah the most active irc got was e3 and it was a dead zone any other time.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Amon
16-bit

by Amon Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:51 am

I have been holding the fort down on gamesurge for a few years now. Haven't really seen anyone come online. It is very lonely.
Ack

by Ack Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:03 pm

And hilarity ensues. Apparently, I somehow was using a loophole to access the Racketboy Slack channel on my phone's browser as if it were the desktop site. Suddenly, the page refreshed on me, and I was locked out and told to download the app. I explored my options and tried the old method, but not finding a way to go back, I eventually reached out to their support team only to be told the app was the only way to access things on my phone, and it was updated constantly.

So how was I flying under the radar then? Also, my phone is a dinosaur; apps break constantly, and downloads like updates eat data and cost money, so I rarely use any apps. I don't like phone shopping, hence why I don't have a newer model, but...what about impovershed folks that don't have the ability to shop as opposed to simply not wanting to? Do they just not get to use a tool that's swiftly becoming vital in business?

I think about things like that sometimes.
marurun

by marurun Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:11 am

Nooooooooo!
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever