Bike MS Raffles - Sign-up LIVE! GO GO GO!

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Blu
Next-Gen

Bike MS Raffles - Sign-up LIVE! GO GO GO!

Post by Blu »

Hey Racketboy Gang!

I've pulled some pretty sweet items from my collection, and with some luck, you could be the new owner! Please consider being a participant in this 2023 Racketboy Charity Raffle! Prices of Retro items are ridiculous, so I'll be raffling items below their fair market value. Let's party like it's 2013!

I moved back to Michigan a little under a year ago, and am still raising money for Meat Fight and the National MS Society, through Bike MS events.

For folks that don't know, I was diagnosed with MS over two years ago, and Meat Fight was the best thing to come out of my diagnosis. First, they fitted me with a road bike, coached me to complete a century ride (100 miles). Then in 2022, they funded and coached me to complete a 70.3 half IRONMAN. This December, I'll be back in Dallas competing in the Dallas Marathon. Staying active has really helped me learn to navigate living with this disease, and Meat Fight is a fantastic 501c3 non-profit. They help folks living with MS tackle epic (is this word still trite?) endurance events. :)

I'd like to contain this charity raffle within the local Racketboy community, rather than have it go out to some of my social networks. You donate some money to the fundraiser, you get chances to win some sweet retro games!
2. A person can purchase up to three entries for each item.
3. The cost of entry for the raffle is determined by the item's value divided by 20, rounded up to the nearest bill denomination. For example, TMNT Hyperstone heist is valued at $180. ($180 / 20 = $9). Each entry for Hyperstone Heist would be $10.
4. I will cover all shipping costs. I will also ship to Canada. In return, would you please cover a small fee when donating via causevox. There is a nominal processing fee on the causevox site ($8 on a $100 donation, for example). This ensures all funds arrive in full to Meat Fight and the National MS Society.
4. Entries can be purchased by visiting: https://blu-plus-justines-2023-meat-fig ... sevox.com/, clicking the donate button, and entering the correct dollar amount for your raffle entries.

Item List & Entrants: Item Gallery Link! (SFW, ignore the Imgur disclaimer!
Anapan's Graciously Donated Items: VIEWABLE HERE!

TMNT - Hyperstone Heist - Genesis (Complete) ($10/Entry)
1. Marurun
2. Marurun
3. Marurun
4. Note
5. Note
6. Note
7. Racketboy
8. Racketboy
9. o.pwuaioc
10. o.pwuaioc

Silent Hill - PS1 Black Label (Complete) $10/Entry)
1. Jmustang1968
2. Jmustang1968
3. Jmustang1968
4. o.pwuaioc
5. o.pwuaioc
6. Michi
7. Note
8. Note
9. Note
10. PretentiousHipster

Super Mario RPG - SNES (Game and Manual in Custom Case) ($10/Entry)
1. Anapan
2. Anapan
3. Anapan
4. SpaceBooger
5. SpaceBooger
6. PretentiousHipster
7. SamuraiMegas
8. Note

Pokemon Stadium 2 - N64 (Game and Manual in Custom Case) ($5/Entry)
1. Michi
2. Michi

A IPS v2 modded Game Boy Advance by yours truly. Crystal Clear case. ($10/Entry)
1. Note
2. Note
3. Note
4. Jmustang1968
5. Jmustang1968
6. Jmustang1968
7. SpaceBooger
8. SpaceBooger
9. o.pwuaioc

Star Wars Legion - 2 Player Starter Set with some extras. Brand New and Sealed ($10/Entry)
1. Anapan
2. Anapan
3. Anapan

Shenmue 2 - PAL Dreamcast (Complete)(Formerly Owned by your one and only, Elkin Fencer) ($5/Entry)

Items Donated by Anapan:
GameBoy Games Lot! ($5/Entry)
Complete GBA: Kingdom of Hearts: Chain of Memories, Catz, Tetris Worlds
Loose GBA: Drilldozer: WarioWare: Twisted
Loose GB: Super Mario Land 2, Gremlins 2
1. Note
2. Note
3. Note
4. SpaceBooger
5. SpaceBooger
6. SpaceBooger
7. Blu
8. Blu
9. Blu

Funkey S - The coolest little handheld for GameBoy Games. ($10/Entry)
Preordered and received then put games on it and never touched it again aside from regular recharge. Probably there's lots of new recompilations for it.
1. o.pwuaioc
2. SpaceBooger

Pocket projector - Sony MP-CD1 ($10/Entry)
https://www.projectorcentral.com/Sony-MP-CD1.htm
105 Lumen laser Pico projector native 854x480 resolution
1. o.pwuaioc

Raffles will be conducted via livestream via Zoom, with folks encouraged to attend if they can. The raffle will be recorded, for posterity's sake.

Thank you!
Last edited by Blu on Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:52 am, edited 29 times in total.
Note
Next-Gen

Re: Bike MS Raffles

Post by Note »

Hey Blu, thanks for reaching out about a potential raffle. To confirm, I'd be interested in participating in the raffle and attending the live stream, if it works with my schedule.

Best of luck with the fundraising!
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

I'm in too; Also depends on work schedule if I can participate in the livestream. Also, depending on the timeframe I'd be happy to rapid-ship something cool for you to raffle off. Just heading to a short job tomorrow - 1 week I hear, then my schedule's completely open.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

Bump here. Just posted a list of the items I am able to donate. Would love to get the word out here. Let's keep it in the Racketboy community, if there's not enough interest I may venture into Social Media, but would rather keep these items in your hands. :)
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I'll definitely be purchasing some raffle tickets in the next day or two.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

I'm interested but a little confused on how this all works. How do we know if there are entries left on an item, and how do we let you know which raffle we want to enter?
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

o.pwuaioc wrote:I'm interested but a little confused on how this all works. How do we know if there are entries left on an item, and how do we let you know which raffle we want to enter?

Ditto.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

It's a go? Should I send things to you?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

Good Question. We can keep a running tally on this thread. I can update the first post, list each item and the current entries. That's how I've seen that work. For example:

Item: ElkinFencer's Game Collection.
1. Blu
2. o.pwuaioc
3. Ziggy587
4. Marurun
5. Anapan
6. Open
7. Open
8. Open
9. Open
10. Open

Also, in our Racketboy Discord, it's been mentioned that maybe we should keep the number of entries to 10. It's likely that we wouldn't get 20, given that Tears of the Kingdom has everyone absorbed, and it's summertime now. 8) Any thoughts or opinions on this?
Blu
Next-Gen

Re: Bike MS Raffles - Sign-ups Going Live June 1st!!

Post by Blu »

Hey all!

Ready when you are! :D