Level up here
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: What RPG are you playing right now?

by REPO Man Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:19 pm

I recently beat the stand-alone release of Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep as Salvador, and now I'm playing through on True Vault Hunter Mode.
marurun

by marurun Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:05 pm

Wrapped up Final Fantasy IX yesterday. Won't be posting a review in Games Beaten for a bit because I have a lot to think about before I get writing. I will say, though, that I have very mixed feelings. I'd like to start another RPG at some point but I'm really not sure which way to go. I'll have to mull things over for a bit. I did sample a little of Mario vs Rabbids and I might play that, though I don't know how RPG-ish I feel about it.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:03 pm

marurun wrote:Wrapped up Final Fantasy IX yesterday. Won't be posting a review in Games Beaten for a bit because I have a lot to think about before I get writing. I will say, though, that I have very mixed feelings. I'd like to start another RPG at some point but I'm really not sure which way to go. I'll have to mull things over for a bit. I did sample a little of Mario vs Rabbids and I might play that, though I don't know how RPG-ish I feel about it.

Awesome work, marurun! Glad you pushed through it (even if, IMO, it’s the least memorable 32-bit FF game).
MrPopo

by MrPopo Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
marurun wrote:Wrapped up Final Fantasy IX yesterday. Won't be posting a review in Games Beaten for a bit because I have a lot to think about before I get writing. I will say, though, that I have very mixed feelings. I'd like to start another RPG at some point but I'm really not sure which way to go. I'll have to mull things over for a bit. I did sample a little of Mario vs Rabbids and I might play that, though I don't know how RPG-ish I feel about it.

Awesome work, marurun! Glad you pushed through it (even if, IMO, it’s the least memorable 32-bit FF game).

I'd argue that FFVIII is more memorable for the wrong reasons.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Ack

by Ack Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:02 pm

Zell choking on a hotdog?
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:08 pm

MrPopo wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:

I'd argue that FFVIII is more memorable for the wrong reasons.

That’s not an argument, though. That’s agreement! :D

Final Fantasy VIII is the best 32-bit Final Fantasy game. THAT’S an argument!
MrPopo

by MrPopo Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:11 pm

The story of FFVIII is "boy meets girl, boy and girl don't hook up, boy has boy, girl has girl, new boy and new girl hook up".
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
opa
128-bit

by opa Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:03 pm

Final Fantasy VIII is really about becoming the world's best Magic the Gathering player.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:33 pm

Recently started played Borderlands 2 on Switch as Gaige the Mechromancer.

Sweet Jesus, how many times have I played this game? I've beaten the game as Zer0 and Axton, the latter of which also includes tackling the Commander Lilith DLC, and beaten the standalone release of Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon's Keep as Salvatore.
JungleHeart
8-bit

by JungleHeart Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:36 pm

REPO Man wrote:Recently started played Borderlands 2 on Switch as Gaige the Mechromancer.

Sweet Jesus, how many times have I played this game? I've beaten the game as Zer0 and Axton, the latter of which also includes tackling the Commander Lilith DLC, and beaten the standalone release of Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon's Keep as Salvatore.

Great game. Played only a single run of it but was massively invested as Axton. Made sure to do all quests and DLCs and I was sooo hooked with the Badass Rank system. Have fun on your new run!

On topic: for me, I was done with Cyberpunk 2077 recently and now working my way through Elden Ring. My very first Souls game. I'm enjoying the heck out of it. Currently playing a strength/vigor hybrid using a two-handed sword. Level 70 at around 50 hours. Next up is Caelid in my game!
"Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning."
—Suikoden I
--
Currently works as a freelance writer
https://blog.playerauctions.com
Return to RPG