Demon's Souls

Level up here
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: Demon's Souls

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

If I recall correctly, you can buy it from the mind flayers in 3-1. They like to be paid in back stabs.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/sticky-white-stuff

My Google search was for Demon's Souls Wiki. I wasn't about to search for sticky white stuff.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:If I recall correctly, you can buy it from the mind flayers in 3-1. They like to be paid in back stabs.

HA!

Thanks for the link Popo.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Alright I was going to try and play in order, but I think I'm gonna have to give up on that for now. I went through part of 4-1 (Shrine of Storms) to get to the dude that sells the Sticky Icky, but it is 5000 a pop! Holy crap! Supposedly according to the link Popo provided there are some slimes that drop it in 4-2, so I may just try and get through the boss here and find those slimers.

So this area (4-1) is really awesome, I have to say. Feels like an abandoned fort or keep, with several layers of outer walls. It should feel like many other areas in Souls games to me, but this one feels really unique, the flags flying on parapets and the crumbling nature. The skele-nemies are pretty rad too, they hilariously roll up to you and take down your stamina. Clearly the bonewheels in DaS are meant to be a callback to these guys. There are some arrow traps that are a pain, kinda reminds me of Sen's Fortress. There are a lot of little warrens throughout that let you avoid the big demon sitting in the middle of the map. He's the guy that took me out in the tutorial stage and he can still one-shot me, so I'm avoiding him for now. On to the boss hopefully!!!
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Stark wrote:There are a lot of little warrens throughout that let you avoid the big demon sitting in the middle of the map. He's the guy that took me out in the tutorial stage and he can still one-shot me, so I'm avoiding him for now.

You have a good bow, right? If you don't use it to kill the big demon, you will definitely want it for the (totally awesome) boss. Also, look out for the gold skeletons and (unless you are really brave) run if you see a black skeleton.

Finally, you should not play the levels in order. If I recall correctly, I completed them in the following order:

1-1
1-2
3-1
2-1
4-1
5-1
3-2
3-3
4-2
4-3
2-2
2-3
5-2
5-3
1-3
1-4

I hope that helps!
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

4-2 is the best grind spot in the game for souls.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

MrPopo wrote:4-2 is the best grind spot in the game for souls.

Agreed. Beating 4-1 and 4-2 will take your soul levels through the roof, and both levels are a lot of fun. (I went with a DEX build, and I never found the skeletons that hard. Fire was my weakness, however, and I hated 2-2 and 1-4.) IMO, 3-1 and 3-2 had the best atmosphere and were the most fun. 5-1 was incredibly well-designed, but 5-2 was just a slog.

(BTW, this thread is really making me want to play Demon's Souls again. The game is just too much fun...but I should probably play Shadow Tower Abyss and Dark Souls instead...)
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Don't need to beat 4-2; the grind spot is right at the beginning.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Heck just running through the first part of 4-1 got me 2 soul levels worth of souls. :lol:

I have a compound bow, apparently you can use the boss soul from Flamelurker for a sickass bow, but I can't beat that dude yet. I haven't really bought any arrows though, I should grind for some souls and get some arrows.

Jordy, you should totally play Dark Souls soon. Such a good game and I recently beat it, so it would be fun to see your trek through it!
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Yeah 4 is the best level for grinding. I've been pretty bummed that all of the Skelaton enemies in the other games have been pretty pathetic in comparison, but they were pretty cool again in Dark Souls 3.

4 is also the area with the infamous omega rare drop, the Pure Bladestone. Basically the hardest thing to get for the platinum.
http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/upgrade-sharp