Atomiswave Exclusives ported to Dreamcast (inc Metal Slug 6)

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
racketboy
Site Admin

Atomiswave Exclusives ported to Dreamcast (inc Metal Slug 6)

Post by racketboy »

The Dreamcast never ceases to amaze us in its afterlife....
We have seen some big Atomiswave arcade exclusives get ported to the standard Dreamcast hardware.
This includes the like of Metal Slug 6, King of Fighters XI, Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi Kenkakuden, and Neogeo Battle Coliseum

For those of you that aren't familiar with it, the Atomiswave platform was a collaboration between Sega/Sammy and SNK. It was a more modern platform that SNK started bringing their franchise to and was essentially a slightly more modern version of the NAOMI platform (which has a lot of the same technical DNA as the Dreamcast)

This porting process was cracked by Megavolt85 who has been quietly sharing GDI images of the ported games in the Dreamcast-talk forums
Metal Slug 6: https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/vi ... =5&t=13563
King of Fighters XI https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/vi ... hp?t=13580
Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi Kenkakuden https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/vi ... =5&t=13587
Neogeo Battle Coliseum https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/vi ... =5&t=13590

My buddy, Smokemonster has posted a Youtube video showing off the Metal Slug 6 port in all its glory if you'd like to give it a look
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT5U3V4 ... e=youtu.be

What games are you looking forward to trying out?
Which others would you like to see ported next?
SpaceBooger

Re: Atomiswave Exclusives ported to Dreamcast (inc Metal Slu

Post by SpaceBooger »

These are awesome.
Too bad it looks like you can't play it on real hardware since there doesn't seem to be cdi versions.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Soniccd123

Post by Soniccd123 »

SpaceBooger wrote:These are awesome.
Too bad it looks like you can't play it on real hardware since there doesn't seem to be cdi versions.

There are CDIs actually! YZB, the guy that is doing those Sega Saturn games hacks to utilize the 4Mega RAM cart is converting them to CDI, i think Metal Slug 6, Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi Kenkakuden and King of Fighters XI are already converted, i just need to dig a little in the forum to find em. I played Metal Slug 6 in my dreamcast from a disc and it works fine, unfortunately it has some hang ups as it need to load from disc time to time, but it works!
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

SpaceBooger wrote:Too bad it looks like you can't play it on real hardware since there doesn't seem to be cdi versions.

I was just reading through the Metal Slug 6 thread a bit and it looks like it's already playable on real hardware using a GDEMU or MODE. For those without an ODE that wish to play this using a CD-R, it looks like a CDI version will be coming.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Sega Lord X made a video about this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yongHJjmtSs
marurun

Post by marurun »

If only his videos weren't so heavily loaded with ads. You get ads like every 3 minutes.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

marurun wrote:If only his videos weren't so heavily loaded with ads. You get ads like every 3 minutes.

Adblocker.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Ziggy587 wrote:
marurun wrote:If only his videos weren't so heavily loaded with ads. You get ads like every 3 minutes.

Adblocker.

Works on my PC, but not for the YouTube app on my tablet that I sometimes use for watching videos while I work.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

How cool is this?!

I've been following these ports for a few days now, but haven't tried them out yet. Most of them are available on PS2, but I'll gladly play them on my GDEMU Dreamcast too.

Don't forget about the widescreen hack for MS6 too.

Eagerly awaiting a possible fix for Dolphin Blue (the game I was most excited about, but currently has a bug on stage 3 or something that stops all progress). I'll probably wait to see if that gets ironed out before I join in.
...just another lost soul...
BomberDino
8-bit

Post by BomberDino »

marurun wrote:Works on my PC, but not for the YouTube app on my tablet that I sometimes use for watching videos while I work.

If Android tablet, try Smart YouTube TV. It blocks ads. Sometimes you have to go through the releases on github to find one that works for you. Even if it takes an hour to do, it's well worth the effort.