Virtua Fighter 2 or Fighters Megamix?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
emwearz
Next-Gen

Re: Virtua Fighter 2 or Fighters Megamix?

Post by emwearz »

Virtua Fighter Kids is great, like a faster, slightly simplier and more combo based version of VF2.
Cafeman
8-bit

Post by Cafeman »

Every Saturn owner needs a save cartridge. I have a FMM save on my 5-in-1, from 20 years ago, with everything unlocked. Im not sure there is another way to prevent save file loss when the CR2032 battery inevitably dies.

As stated FMM is more easily accessible and fun, and with much more content than VF2. But VF2 is wonderful, more pure fighter and competitive. VF2 doesn't have a 3D side-step move which is hard to get used to when you play newer VF games. FMM does have it, as well as many VF3 moves added in!

FMM still has all the complexity of moves, but you can't easily pull them all off against certain quick spammy characters. I love to pull off Sanman's various grapples and throws.
IrishNinja
64-bit

Post by IrishNinja »

only one of these games lets you fight as a car, so
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

VF2 is so common, cheap, and a good game, that there's really no reason not to have it.

That said, Fighters Megamix is just a cool crossover game. I like the Fighting Vipers characters, and the real question should be whether someone should get Fighters Megamix or Fighting Vipers.
I went with Megamix (although I do have the Vipers port on a PS2 drive).
...just another lost soul...