SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Re: Streets of Rage 4 ANNOUNCED

by CFFJR Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:22 am

Well I'm really excited about this announcement. I feel optimistic and the trailer worked for me even if it only had 3 seconds of gameplay. Graphically the sprites don't matter to me as much as the right atmosphere, and that looks good so far.

Hoping of course we get Koshiro on music, and also hoping we get Adam as a playable character.

Just happy to see the franchise alive again.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:59 pm

My stance these days is not to get too excited about anything but hope for the best. I don't have much to say about this right now because it's just an announcement and probably still pretty early in development.

I am glad however that Sega is doing what people have been telling them to do for years, let someone else take a crack at their dormant IPs if they're not going to do anything with them.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:52 pm

I'd have to take that same answer of yours and steal it as my own. Sega may fairly well suck on their own, but if they keep letting actual competent designers who happen to be fans and appreciative of the license they chose to resurrect by all means keep it up. So far Sonic Mania and Wonderboy have been some stellar releases, far more interesting or good than Sega first party, let them get their own third parties to dig their name out of the mud. I'm fine with that.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:37 pm

SEGA has definitely been on fire lately.

I'd love to see Shinobi next. Something in the vein of III Return, but this would probably be even more niche' than classic Sonic and Streets of Rage.
Livelifelove

by Livelifelove Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:22 am

From what I've seen, and this is strictly my opinion.. nothing more, but based on the trailer it doesn't look like it's going to going to be all that. They have the trailer on yt.
Marylle

by Marylle Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:03 pm

I'm gonna miss the other characters from the first Streets of Rage games, i mean... it's been a while since i've heard about the title, i used to play back when it was called Bare Knuckle (or it was some rip off, i don't know). This one looks very bright, i do hope it will have gloomy scenes as the old industrial environment
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:25 pm

Marylle wrote: used to play back when it was called Bare Knuckle (or it was some rip off, i don't know).

Bare Knuckle is the Japanese name of Streets of Rage (similar to Resident Evil and Biohazard). :wink:
Marylle

by Marylle Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:22 am

emwearz wrote:
Marylle wrote: used to play back when it was called Bare Knuckle (or it was some rip off, i don't know).

Bare Knuckle is the Japanese name of Streets of Rage (similar to Resident Evil and Biohazard). :wink:

That is interesting, it means that when i bought the cartridge it was a japanese version of Streets of Rage.
I bought it off some cartridge dealer at the local oldschool marketplace, they used to sell/exchange games so they came from all around the place. XD
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:43 pm

Marylle wrote:I'm gonna miss the other characters from the first Streets of Rage games, i mean... it's been a while since i've heard about the title, i used to play back when it was called Bare Knuckle (or it was some rip off, i don't know). This one looks very bright, i do hope it will have gloomy scenes as the old industrial environment

I imagine we'll get another character or two outside of Axel and Blaze. Maybe we can finally see Adam return, or an older Skate? Or perhaps someone new.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

by dunpeal2064 Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:08 am

They should make Shiva and Roo main characters. Still a throwback, since they are playable in SoR3, but they've never been featured as main characters.

Marylle wrote:That is interesting, it means that when i bought the cartridge it was a japanese version of Streets of Rage.
I bought it off some cartridge dealer at the local oldschool marketplace, they used to sell/exchange games so they came from all around the place. XD

This is possible if you had a Model 3 Genesis, otherwise a Japanese cart wouldn't have fit in your console. (Unless Bare Knuckle 1 has a weird cart shape? Never seen it in person).
Return to Sega