There are very few Dreamcast exclusives left...

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
chuckster
32-bit

Re: There are very few Dreamcast exclusives left...

Post by chuckster »

I have to say that despite my general Sega fanaticism growing for the Genesis (really starting to become my system of choice) and Saturn (after I win the lottery), the Dreamcast really falls flat for me.

Part of that is the fact that so many of the great games I'd play on it are available in high quality ports. Unlike 16 and even some 32-bit games, Dreamcast games benefit directly from increased resolution, so ports tend to hold up really well, especially on PC.

Looking back, aside from a few games I am really nostalgic about (Sonic Adventure, Hydro Thunder), I'm just not feeling it. Maybe I just didn't have enough games, but it is the only console that I have ever considered getting rid of. When I finally get a PC-Engine or Master System it'll get the boot from my retro setup at least.
marurun

Post by marurun »

For me the Dreamcast is an essential console, in part because I don't have any modern consoles, only a PC. And while some of the Dreamcast's library has been ported to PC, I don't have enough other platforms to collect the rest of what I love. Having the Dreamcast saves me having to own another half dozen consoles to make up the deficit.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

I love high frequency of porting Dreamcast games and the fact you're able to play burned copies without any hardware modifications. It helps keep the prices of the original games suppressed so mortals can purchase them, too.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

lol @ my earlier post saying I would never buy Napple Tale.

I did..... and it rules.
IrishNinja
64-bit

Post by IrishNinja »

Omerta wrote:I love high frequency of porting Dreamcast games and the fact you're able to play burned copies without any hardware modifications. It helps keep the prices of the original games suppressed so mortals can purchase them, too.

this post didn't age well, sadly...wish it did. for a while i thought it was just stuff like illbleed, but basically anything by capcom is up there now.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

I think out of all my sega collection, that consoles games move the least in value. Of course there are exceptions to the rule.