How's Your Sega MegaDrive/Genesis Gaming Going On?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
strangenova
Next-Gen

Re: How's Your Sega MegaDrive/Genesis Gaming Going On?

Post by strangenova »

I've had one too. I picked up a copy of Light Crusader a few years back that would boot and throw an error message and just stay there.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Well, maybe don't chuck it. Maybe swap the capacitor out, at any rate, if you haven't already? I'm keeping mine around in case I find a donor board, and I'll try to salvage it. Thankfully, I didn't end up paying much of anything for it in the end; the guy I bought it from just let me keep it, and between that and the Game.com I returned, he let me snag a copy of North & South for NES as a replacement.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Anybody picking this up? looks really good with "castlevania" type gameplay/

https://demonsofasteborg.com/
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Dam there should be 2 forums on this site. Gaming shit, and non gaming shit. Everything gets lost on all these subs with lack of members, and very little discussion happens. Somebody might see this in a year or so lol.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

It looks cool to me. The visuals are really nice, and I'm always in for new Genesis stuff, so I'll definitely check it out.

The most interesting thing I noticed though is the asset reuse. If you check out the second gif on that front page, you'll see a 3d wall that changes perspective as the character approaches and passes, and following that, a rotating tower with wood platforms. Both of the these elements are directly from Mickey Mania.

Granted, the wall has a new texture, and they mirrored the effect so the angle changes after the character passes (which didn't happen in Mickey Mania, it'll only moved as Mickey walked up to it) but the tower hasn't been changed at all.

I wonder if this is place holder stuff, as while there probably isn't any legal problem at this point, I'm sure other fans will notice and possibly take issue. People will call it theft. Then again, maybe no one will care.

Sorry if I'm being a buzzkill stickem. It really jumped out at me though.

Edit: I double checked the tower, they changed the brick pattern (new texture, like the wall), so it is not identical as I first thought.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Hey thanks for the input. I'm usually late for these new releases or miss out altogether so I was just wondering if it was on anybody else's radar.

It kinda had a castlevania vibe but didnt want to thread Jack in the "castlevania " thread.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

I honestly hadn't heard of it until you posted, but it's definitely on my radar now, so thanks for that.

It certainly does have that gothic Castlevania feel, and I like it.

Speaking of new releases though, you may want to check out Xeno Crisis, if you haven't already. It's been out a few months at this point, but there are still carts available to buy.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Got lucky enough to get in on that kickstarter. I like it, but I like tanzer alot more. Kinda like a platformer/shmup hybrid, similar to gunstar heroes. I believe that came out last year as well.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Nice! Yeah I still need to check out Tanzer, it looks good.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

I'm happy to see a new action platformer for sega genesis. :mrgreen: