BBC Kicks Off Shenmue III Campaign

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Eh, good luck to them, but I don't see it happening.
Lan-Di
24-bit

Post by Lan-Di »

HA HAA! You will NEVER catch me! :twisted:
durkada
64-bit

Post by durkada »

Well, one can hope.

But the hope of Shenmue is tied into the greater hope that Sega can return to its former glory -- a cartel of development houses that created unique, innovative games. In retrospect, it seems that Sega's greatest strength was their development efforts to support their own hardware. With Dreamcast, Saturn, Genesis -- I can imagine that projects which sparked the fancy of a developer were given funding simply so the respective systems supported a larger library. When Sega gave us Chu Chu Rocket, who/what were they competing against with that title? Nothing -- it was simply to support the Dreamcast, which was fighting a larger war of numbers. Today, every Sega game seems built to compete against other popular titles, rather than carve their own niche. And why not -- now they have to fight for the gaming dollar of each gamer spread across three consoles.

Shrug. Who knows.
arion
Next-Gen

Post by arion »

not making shenmue 3 would be cruel and unusal..considering shenmue 2 ends like there is a sequel on the way..pretty much the worst case of "to be continued" ever
SegaVega
24-bit

Post by SegaVega »

So racketboy....

Are you going to hold the Jet Grind Radio Campaign??

:D
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

SegaVega wrote:So racketboy....

I'd like to, but I don't think I have quite the clout the BBC :)
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

SegaVega wrote:So racketboy....

JGR was pretty self contained, and is still fun today. It doesn't really need another game.
SegaVega
24-bit

Post by SegaVega »

Mozgus wrote:JGR was pretty self contained, and is still fun today. It doesn't really need another game.

A lot of great games are self-contained and deserve new entries. Jet Set could go far on the Wii.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

SegaVega wrote:
Mozgus wrote:JGR was pretty self contained, and is still fun today. It doesn't really need another game.

A lot of great games are self-contained and deserve new entries. Jet Set could go far on the Wii.

Possibly, but this is Sega. Every series they make seems to get exponentially worse with each installment, ever since the Saturn. I'd rather they didn't screw with things I have nice memories of.

It deserves one, but it doesn't NEED one. Shenmue NEEDS an ending.