How's Your Sega MegaDrive/Genesis Gaming Going On?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: How's Your Sega MegaDrive/Genesis Gaming Going On?

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Cool collection Reprise. That Japanese art for Element Master is so dope, and it's always nice seeing Tant-R!!

I've got a shrimpy lil Mega Drive import collection. Still want to get Langrisser II and then I'll call it a day.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

marurun wrote:Streets of Rage 3 has Bare Knuckle 3 on the cart and will load that way if put in a JPN Mega Drive. There are several games like that which use region detection to determine which version to load.

Thought that was only Bare Knuckle/SoR 1 and 2? I am fairly sure that is not the case for BK/SoR3 (which is region locked too)
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Cool collection Reprise. That Japanese art for Element Master is so dope, and it's always nice seeing Tant-R!!

I've got a shrimpy lil Mega Drive import collection. Still want to get Langrisser II and then I'll call it a day.

Thanks! I was quite keen on getting Elemental Master and the Japanese version seemed to be going for less than the North American version here. It's a fun game and you soon get used to needing to tap the shoot button instead of holding it.

I am pretty much calling it a day too. I don't really want to collect for the sake of collecting and the prices are getting too high (not to mention I am pretty much out of room :lol: )
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Reprise wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:Cool collection Reprise. That Japanese art for Element Master is so dope, and it's always nice seeing Tant-R!!

Thanks! I was quite keen on getting Elemental Master and the Japanese version seemed to be going for less than the North American version here. It's a fun game and you soon get used to needing to tap the shoot button instead of holding it.

I am pretty much calling it a day too. I don't really want to collect for the sake of collecting and the prices are getting too high (not to mention I am pretty much out of room :lol: )

I heard that the Japanese version of Elemental Master is more difficult than the NA version. Any thoughts on that?
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

o.pwuaioc wrote:
Reprise wrote:

I heard that the Japanese version of Elemental Master is more difficult than the NA version. Any thoughts on that?

That explains a lot. I thought I just suck at the game, as everyone else on the internet seems to say it's fairly easy-average in terms of difficulty. I have never played the NA version, but the Japanese version is definitely giving me some difficulty.

Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I wasn't really thinking about Pulseman after the copy I tried importing from Japan last year went missing, but a week or two ago a nice copy was listed on eBay here in the UK. I kinda sat on it for a while, figuring I didn't want to pay what they were asking anyways, but I ended up haggling with them and before I knew it, we had reached a price I was happy with.

My son and I have been playing through the game on the Switch since they added it to the NSO library and we are both really enjoying it. The bright neon colours and almost Sonic/Ristar style aesthetic really appeals to him.