What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Limewater
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by Limewater »

Ziggy587 wrote:That's fine, I don't care. But I'm curious. When you say you didn't find the movie to be fun or funny... Does that mean you would rate it negatively?

It was fine. That's the best I can say. It wasn't good. I rolled my eyes a lot.

I posted my review to this thread a few months ago.
https://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7221&p=1181936&

In looking at my review, I am reminded of thinking they make it look like Princess Peach farts at one point. Now that it's on Netflix maybe I'll pull it up and watch that minute again to confirm. It was probably all in my head. If it's really there then it's clearly the highlight of the film.

So no, I don't think the movie is complete garbage, and I think any claims that it's terrible are overblown. But it offers no value apart from all the money it made. I still maintain that the widely despised 1993 Super Mario Bros. is the superior film, and it's not close at all.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

The animated film has a distinct lack of Was (Not Was) in the soundtrack.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
opa
Next-Gen

Post by opa »

I liked the Mario movie but I went into it knowing it's a movie made for kids. So my expectations weren't really high to begin with.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Limewater wrote: I still maintain that the widely despised 1993 Super Mario Bros. is the superior film, and it's not close at all.

Oh yeah, I love that movie.

opa wrote:I liked the Mario movie but I went into it knowing it's a movie made for kids. So my expectations weren't really high to begin with.

Exactly, and I rate it based on that.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

marurun wrote:
Raging Justice wrote:I just can't get passed sidelining one half of "The Mario Bros." for the whole movie in order to give Peach maximum screen time in order to make all of the modern day feminists happy.

Super Mario Bros is really about Mario, with Luigi being merely a concession to multiplayer, even right from the beginning.

Right. I supposed that is why they are always co starring in every movie and show that they're in

Yes. SUPER MARIO BROS. is clearly not about THE MARIO BROS.

REPO Man wrote:As for why we see her in a more damsel in distress role in the games could be her trying to train the two further. She was NEVER in any real trouble

Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Watched two movies over the weekend, the first being Infinity Pool, which my partner and I saw on Polygon's best movies list of 2023, and piqued her interest. It's a sci-fi horror film, about a couple who go on vacation, and after having an accident, they start to discover a darker side of the country's culture. I don't want to give anymore than that away regarding the plot, but overall the movie had a lot of twists and was engaging. If you're a fan of sci-fi or horror, I'd recommend this one, but just a heads up, it's not a family friendly movie.

The second movie we watched this weekend was called Broker from 2022, which is a Korean drama movie. The plot revolves around two men who work for a church that has a baby box, basically a program where infants can be left anonymously to be cared for by other individuals. The men have a side business taking babies from the church and trying to sell them in the adoption black market. Based on the plot, I thought this movie was going to have a much darker tone. It ended up being very different than I expected, but it was still entertaining and had some interesting turns.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and Santa Claus is Coming to Town while wrapping presents.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Not movies but I watched all the David Tennant Doctor Who Christmas specials (except The Christmas Invasion) and one of The Smurfs Christmas specials (the one with the evil wizard) while wrapping more presents.

Also, last night I watched Beavis and Butthead Do the Universe with my brother. Still funny AF. And we cracked up at the scene where Butthead is a unicorn and he goes "I'm a deer".

This actually reminded us of something that happened years ago. My brother and dad picked me up from work and my brother and I were in an argument when syddepur dad goes "Look! A unicorn!" to get us to stop fighting but just as he did a deer came out of nowhere. It ran up and got hit by the car.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Popped in my new 4K copy of Scrooged while banging out the last of my Christmas wrapping.

After that I threw on the second disc of my Doctor Who: Christmas Specials Blu-ray set, watching The End of Time: Parts 1 and 2, followed by the 11th Doctor Christmas special, A Christmas Carol. Here, the 11th Doctor (Matt Smith) has to get the curmudgeonly Kazran Sardick to mend his ways in order to get him to save a spaceship from crashing onto the planet's surface.
TheSSNintendo
128-bit

Post by TheSSNintendo »

Went out Saturday to see The Iron Claw. Everything in the movie was almost accurate, but the guy cast as Ric Flair didn't even come close.