Yet another 3DS model announced - the NEW 3DS

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Stark
Next-Gen

Re: Yet another 3DS model announced - the NEW 3DS

Post by Stark »

Not sure if I said on here yet, but I picked up NSMB2 from the Nintendo Club and have been playing it on the New 3DS and I'm loving both the system and the game. I don't regret dropping a $100 for the upgrade. Just picked up Majora's Mask yesterday and should be able to dig into it over my upcoming vacation.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Got my New 3DS XL yesterday - did the system transfer from my old original 3DS without issue.

The 3D is markedly improved as many have noted.
girlracer
Next-Gen

Post by girlracer »

heard some gamestops got some majora's mask 3ds systems in on the CAG forum
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

So, I only picked up a DSiXL after the 3DS was released and have a handful of titles. I haven't played it much but know I enjoyed the circle pad on the 3DS much better. I haven't tried all of my library on the NEW 3DS XL, but is there any reason to hang onto the DSi? I feel like I could help mitigate the cost of the new guy - but only if there really isn't an advantage to using original hardware.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

retrosportsgamer wrote:So, I only picked up a DSiXL after the 3DS was released and have a handful of titles. I haven't played it much but know I enjoyed the circle pad on the 3DS much better. I haven't tried all of my library on the NEW 3DS XL, but is there any reason to hang onto the DSi? I feel like I could help mitigate the cost of the new guy - but only if there really isn't an advantage to using original hardware.

Well DS games are upscaled on a 3ds ( the 3DS has a higher pixel density) so DS games look a bit more blurry on a 3DS screen. You can however hold start and select when you boot up a DS game on the 3DS and play it in the native resolution but at the cost of screen size. Playing a DS game in native resolution on a 3DSXlL makes the used screen size about the same size as a regular DS.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

^ Thanks my friend, good info. I may hold onto it then.