Gubble 3D: New Retro Maze Videogame by ex Atari Designers

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Post by gtmtnbiker »

(Copied from a post that I found over at Atari Age.

Several former Atari employees comprising Actual Entertainment are developing an all-new game titled Gubble 3D based around the long-lost art of arcade maze games. The designer of the classic Crystal Castles arcade game, Franz Lanzinger, is among those involved, and anyone familiar with Crystal Castles will feel right at home in Gubble 3D. Other designers participating include Eric Ginner, Mark Robichek, Steve Woita, Susan Woita, Karl Anderson, Dave Ralston, Paul Barton and Seppo "Zep" Hurme. Gubble 3D is itself based on an earlier game called Gubble. Gubble 3D will use a 3D engine and will introduce new tools, weapons, and entirely new gameplay mechanics.

You can learn more about the project on Kickstarter, where the team hope to raise enough money to fund development. Included on the Kickstarter page is a video narrated by Franz Lanzinger, along with a detailed description of the game and what the team hopes to accomplish.
(end of copy)

I have this game on the PC. Some of you might remember the game from the PS1.

CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Gubble 3D: New Retro Maze Videogame by ex Atari Designer

Post by CRTGAMER »

I have Gubble, a very good game paying homage to Crystal Castles but more of a slower paced puzzle solver. Strange about the licensing, there are SKIL power tools used to drill open sections.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425