DoDonPachi: Resurrection - High Scores

2D Shooters Invade
EllertMichael
Next-Gen

Re: DoDonPachi: Resurrection - High Scores

Post by EllertMichael »

Some of the CAVE ports have separate score boards for "Today's Scores" and then an overall score board. Also different ships will have their own tables. tapping left and right cycles through them
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

fvgazi wrote:I find that the secret seems to be knowing how to fill up the meter and when are good times to use it. Using the powered up shot cancels the pink bullets for stars and also helps you survive longer.

wait, you mean the Hyper Shot? That's good to know. I've only given DDPR 3 or 4 runs, so I'm still figuring out how everything works.

I want to play it, but I should really discipline myself to 2 or 3 main shmups. I really want to play SoTM, but I'm just not that into Radiant Silvergun.

I know dood. RS seems fun... just not so much for score. :\
fvgazi
Next-Gen

Post by fvgazi »

I think my 600mil run was kind of a fluke. I did about 10 runs last night and kept finishing stage 1 with about 100-120million. I was checking my score replay and I finished Stage 1 with about 340million AND I got hit once on the boss. I have to see where my score increased so much. I know I picked up a ton of those bee orbs. I'll review it again after work tonight.
[ XBL: downedcity | PSN: biggry | Steam: Merchandise ]
Black Lodge Amplification: http://blacklodgeamps.tumblr.com/
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

^ I uncovered a bonus item that pops up right before the level 1 boss. I don't know what triggers it though. It didn't happen all the time for me.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

fvgazi wrote:I think my 600mil run was kind of a fluke. I did about 10 runs last night and kept finishing stage 1 with about 100-120million. I was checking my score replay and I finished Stage 1 with about 340million AND I got hit once on the boss. I have to see where my score increased so much. I know I picked up a ton of those bee orbs. I'll review it again after work tonight.

Same thing here, though I should have saved my replay. I was sitting at around 150-200m early on during level 3 and my score somehow more than doubled over the course of my last ship.

I can't seem to find a scoring guide over on the shmups.org forum. Anyone else dig one up yet?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

dsheinem wrote:I can't seem to find a scoring guide over on the shmups.org forum. Anyone else dig one up yet?

nope doesn't seem to be one compiled yet.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

there are some suggestions in the back of the manual for scoring, so that might be worth looking at - still not sure I get it after a quick read, though.

That said...

a 1cc!

...in novice mode :lol: Still, I'll take any 1cc in any mode from a Cave game - and a world ranking of 251 doesn't seem too shabby either.

Playing in novice mode made me feel like a Golden God! I needed all the ships I had in stock and a few I picked up along the way, but I am very happy with that score. Could we start another score board in the OP for novice mode?

dsheinem - 10,239,679,455 - ALL - Type C/Power - Novice Mode
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

that's awesome Dave. And I was genuinely like "oh no WTF" until I read the word "novice" haha. As far as a 2nd table for Novice Mode, that's up to all you guys, but I won't be posting any scores other than default Arcade Mode myself.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

I also found out that for your score to register on the online leaderboards I have to play in "score attack" mode, even though the game is the same as it is in "Play" mode...that's why I have a score in the 270 million range on the leaderboard for the 360 mode but the score currently posted in this thread of 400+ million for my system high score in the same mode :roll:
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

dsheinem wrote:I also found out that for your score to register on the online leaderboards I have to play in "score attack" mode, even though the game is the same as it is in "Play" mode...that's why I have a score in the 270 million range on the leaderboard for the 360 mode but the score currently posted in this thread of 400+ million for my system high score in the same mode :roll:

yeah that's the same in Deathsmiles too, which I didn't realize until recently. :?