DoDonPachi: Resurrection - High Scores

2D Shooters Invade
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Re: DoDonPachi: Resurrection - High Scores

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Agree with Erik, its fun for about a week to run through all your shmups... but it takes away some of the magic that is learning those games.

This is especially true with Cave stuff, as there is a LOT of learning... and this game is more brutal than most when it comes to learning how to score.

That said... I am so fucking jelly of you guys, I really like this game, and I has no way to play.

This is either the best, or second best Dodonpachi game IMO.

I am having a balst watching you Babies and Monkeis give it a crack though.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

noiseredux wrote:so you guys have been playing this then, eh? Sigh. I'm almost at a loss trying to figure out which shmup to shmup with. Obviously I've been deeply into Deathsmiles, and a part of me wants to keep it at since I'm improving so much lately. But then there's a friggin' STACK of new shmups that have shown up in my collection (DDP Res included) that I haven't even booted up yet. Plus there's Radiant Silvergun for SOTM.

DDP:R is a nice vertical change of pace. I went there after Akai Katana and loved it.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

can anyone reccommend a good scoring guide?
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

I thought I was adequate at maximizing scoring in the first two levels but this score is ridiculous for just getting to the Stage 2 boss.

633,987,295 - fvgazi - Area 2(boss) - Type A: Strong Style - 360

I regularly make it into stage 3 but can't get a better score yet.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

433,827,536 - dsheinem - Area 3 - Type C/Strong Style - 360

much better, but I have no idea why :lol: I entered the stage with less than half that score...
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Question -- whenever I put in my initials it changes them to CAV. It did this on Deathsmiles too.

343,020,806 - noiseredux - Area 3 - Type 1 Bomb - 360
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

Really? Weird. I guess it could be because your initials are "bra"? But that isn't anything vulgar, haha..

Do your high scores actually save in DeathSmiles? On my Japanese copy they always disappear. Can't figure it out.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

ZenErik wrote:Really? Weird. I guess it could be because your initials are "bra"? But that isn't anything vulgar, haha..

Do your high scores actually save in DeathSmiles? On my Japanese copy they always disappear. Can't figure it out.

doing a little research, I've heard that Cave stops you inputting things like "SEX" or "TIT" so... Uh, I'm guess they think BRA is too vulgar for leaderboards. :?

As far as saving your score, are you hitting "PLAY" or "SCORE ATTACK"? I think only Score Attack saves your scores Erik.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

noiseredux wrote:doing a little research, I've heard that Cave stops you inputting things like "SEX" or "TIT" so... Uh, I'm guess they think BRA is too vulgar for leaderboards. :?

As far as saving your score, are you hitting "PLAY" or "SCORE ATTACK"? I think only Score Attack saves your scores Erik.

Score attack. I can save replays, but my scores do not save on the offline leaderboards. Or perhaps with Cave 360 games they only save online? I swear that Mushihimesama Futari isn't like this.

Way to have such inappropriate initials. Disgusting! I am appalled. :lol:
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
fvgazi
Next-Gen

Post by fvgazi »

retrosportsgamer wrote:I thought I was adequate at maximizing scoring in the first two levels but this score is ridiculous for just getting to the Stage 2 boss.
I regularly make it into stage 3 but can't get a better score yet.

I find that the secret seems to be knowing how to fill up the meter and when are good times to use it. Using the powered up shot cancels the pink bullets for stars and also helps you survive longer.

This is similar to Espgaluda II where you want the enemy to fire as many bullets on screen as possible and cancel them for points. Gosh, I forgot I had Esp II until now! I want to play it, but I should really discipline myself to 2 or 3 main shmups. I really want to play SoTM, but I'm just not that into Radiant Silvergun.

//edit
I think I'm on the right path so far, but I haven't really kept track of my strategy in specific areas. Look at EM's score, it seems that if I continue the way I'm playing right now, that I could get to his score by Area 5. I'm almost halfway now.
[ XBL: downedcity | PSN: biggry | Steam: Merchandise ]
Black Lodge Amplification: http://blacklodgeamps.tumblr.com/