What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Stark
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Stark »

Syndicate wrote:...at the recommendation of prfsnl_gmr I've started Infernax. It's very solid, the control/gameplay is tight and the music definitely has a very cool old school vibe. I've never played Castlevania II but I may need to check it out after Infernax. Getting the coward's ending was hilarious too. I've also added Mass Effect Andromeda to the rotation b/c as a Mass Effect fan I figured I'd finally check out the story.

I also quite enjoyed Infernax, definitely a good one to check out!!
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
opa
Next-Gen

Post by opa »

I'm currently two-thirds through Catherine Full Body on Switch. Afterwards I'm either gonna jump into Jedi Fallen Order or the Digital Devil Stories: Megami Tensei remake on Super Famicom. Thoughts on what I should tackle first?

Jedi Fallen Order would be easier as I don't have to bust out the graph paper. lol
outlaw_moon
24-bit

Post by outlaw_moon »

The past couple of years have been difficult trying to find free time to play anything at all. Working two jobs and having a family will do that, I guess.

However, lately, I have found myself putting in some time playing Rocket League, Hot Wheels Unleashed, Horizon Chase Turbo, and Spyro reignited Trilogy (and yes in that specific order). All thanks to my toddler son who is crazy about anything Hot Wheels, toy cars, and game balls (soccer, basketball etc.), so now on the weekends it has been our routine to wake up early in the morning, before the wife wakes up, and put in a solid 2-3 hours of gaming. He still struggles with holding on to the PS4 controller with both hands, so we alternate between the two of us and have a blast. I might not be playing any of my backlog games, but at my age, I will take the quality time spent with my son with a sprinkle of gaming and will treasure it.

Here is to wishing that in 2023, I will have better luck tackling my backlog.
It's time to kick a$$ and chew bubble gum...and I'm all out of gum.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Tunneling down the rabbit hole into (officially emulated) European and Japanese retro computer games. I had been meaning to get into these scenes for ages. Feels almost like the "final frontier" for me...

opa
Next-Gen

Post by opa »

Whats the second game? Looks like a bootleg Ys 3
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

The Scheme (PC-88). Yes some Ys folks were involved with its development.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I've not been playing anything this week. I had started the Resident Evil 4 remake when it came out, but I took a break to focus my spare time on backing up my 3DS and Wii U games (both digital and physical) to my ROM HDD. I probably won't pick it back up for at least a week or two as I'm flying out to spend a few days hanging out and getting absolutely plastered with flake next week.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

The past few weeks I've been playing Shining Force III (US, Scenario 1). I've been able to play a few hours a night max, so it's taken me some time to get through the game, but I just reached Chapter 5.

Not sure why I waited this long to play it, but I'm glad I'm finally experiencing it! Really enjoying it so far!
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Playing the Game Boy Color hack of the first Wario Land game. There's a few graphical glitches, mostly from the screen scrolling. Other than that and a few issue with the hack's palette choices making doorways literally invisible, it's perfect.
Syndicate
32-bit

Post by Syndicate »

...been on some Genesis games lately, nothing crazy, I've bounced around between Krusty's Super Funhouse (had a puzzle game itch), Super Hang On, and Sonic 2. I also finally got back to ACIII and I'm on Forza Horizon 5 weekly. Regrettably, I added some stuff to my pile of shame/backlog like Infernax.