The Super Mario Maker Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Re: The Super Mario Maker Thread

Post by foxhound1022 »

By "autoplay", do you mean stuff like the "don't move" levels in HW? If so, that's dumb.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

foxhound1022 wrote:By "autoplay", do you mean stuff like the "don't move" levels in HW? If so, that's dumb.

Yeah those. The top level creator has a couple thousand stars with this one level and it is a really bad don't move level.

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Sounds like this game might cause me to actually connect my Wii U to the internet.

Connect with me Bone! Show me your levels!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:@Reprise - Hey I got to play some of your levels and man some of them are really really tough. I never really liked the levels that required pinpoint jumps with trampolines/note blocks, so I had a tough time with those, but I can proudly say that I did it!

I loved your work though and keep it up! can't wait to play more. I'm starring every one that I finish so that you can hopefully break through that wall to upload more.

Thanks man! Haha I think I went a bit over board with the difficulty. My mission with those was to frustrate the hell out of my wife :P (mission was accomplished BTW. I feel kinda bad)

I'm glad to hear you managed to do it. I don't want to be one of those assholes with borderline impossible levels just for the sake of it.

Let me know if you make anymore levels. I think it's going to be fun to play everyone's levels here :)
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

reprise, I followed you on Mario Maker. I put up a second level, so check it out on my profile. It is a bit tougher than my softball 1-1 level, but not by much.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Oh cool, I didn't know you can follow people. I'll check it out and follow you back, thanks.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Got an email from Amazon telling me the game will probably end up arriving some time tomorrow. So I may be able to join you guys more quickly than anticipated :P
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Post by Cronozilla »

This thread is officially torture.
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

Cronozilla wrote:This thread is officially torture.

Oh, it's great. :lol:
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Cronozilla wrote:This thread is officially torture.

Tell me about it!

With a little luck, I'll be able to play in about 2 hours. I'll only be able to play tonight for a couple of hours, if that. Then I'll have to be tortured again at work tomorrow. But I plan on doing nothing but playing this game on my weekend.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Want to unlock stuff super fast without having to wait? HERE IS MY TIP!

set up a large number of blocks that fill up one sector of grid squares. Select that group of squares using the select tool (Left Button) and then copy and paste them using the copy tool (Left Trigger and then touch and drag the selection) It considers that as a large number of blocks versus being one block at a time. Just keep doing that over and over and you will start unlocking things in no time! I am not using that method, unless I am filling out some of the blank spaces above and below the levels so that they look a bit cleaner, but I noticed that stuff unlocks super fast when I was doing that.