Gaming on Windows Tablets thread

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
FerretGamer
Next-Gen

Re: Gaming on Windows Tablets thread

Post by FerretGamer »

The Winbook TW802 is almost identical to your Venue Pro. It has 2GB of available video memory with a slightly different version of the Atom z3735f vs. z3740d (nearly a negligible difference).

For Tomb Raider, you just have to turn down everything. Of course, on an 8-inch screen the game looks fantastic so you'd never notice the decreased quality.

Edit: I also found this website, which patches games for low spec machines. Useful for the Win 8 tablets.

https://ragnos1997.wordpress.com/full-l ... s-patches/
Exhuminator wrote:Sega gonna Sega.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

FerretGamer wrote:Edit: I also found this website, which patches games for low spec machines. Useful for the Win 8 tablets.

:shock:

This is blowing my mind.
FerretGamer
Next-Gen

Post by FerretGamer »

noiseredux wrote:
FerretGamer wrote:Edit: I also found this website, which patches games for low spec machines. Useful for the Win 8 tablets.

:shock:

This is blowing my mind.

I know, it's awesome stuff. Here is his youtube channel as well: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ragnos1997

This is why the Win 8 tablets are just awesome. The Atom processors and Intel HD graphics have definitely come a long way. I am definitely looking forward to cherry trail.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I'll def be keeping an eye on that blog. I mean, I don't know how low the specs go - but he's got intense stuff like COD Advanced Warfare on there. That's crazy.

Oh btw, I never did get back to you about my iPega - it does have red analog sticks, so it is presumably the V2. That being said, perhaps it will work via USB as you mentioned, which could be really awesome to have the capability to play in portrait for shmups and pinballs, etc. I'll have to test it out.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

FerretGamer wrote:This is why the Win 8 tablets are just awesome. The Atom processors and Intel HD graphics have definitely come a long way. I am definitely looking forward to cherry trail.

It makes me excited that I can buy something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Oneisall-CX-W8-Wi ... 00SUDST2A/
And it can run most games I care about currently. You could literally have a lanparty in your pocket.

Edit:
The CXW8 I linked to is the same specs as the Venue 8 Pro 5000 that both noise and myself have. Anything you can run on the tablet, you can run on that machine. It is just cheaper since it does not have a monitor.
FerretGamer
Next-Gen

Post by FerretGamer »

noiseredux wrote:I'll def be keeping an eye on that blog. I mean, I don't know how low the specs go - but he's got intense stuff like COD Advanced Warfare on there. That's crazy.

Oh btw, I never did get back to you about my iPega - it does have red analog sticks, so it is presumably the V2. That being said, perhaps it will work via USB as you mentioned, which could be really awesome to have the capability to play in portrait for shmups and pinballs, etc. I'll have to test it out.

Yes, please report back about it. I am basically holding out for your opinion of the performance through USB. I mainly want it for the same reasons as you.

The Nyko clip is working out nicely right now though.

fastbilly1 wrote:It makes me excited that I can buy something like this:
And it can run most games I care about currently. You could literally have a lanparty in your pocket.

Edit:
The CXW8 I linked to is the same specs as the Venue 8 Pro 5000 that both noise and myself have. Anything you can run on the tablet, you can run on that machine. It is just cheaper since it does not have a monitor.

I want one just for shits and giggles. I'd love to pull that out of my pocket and say that's my computer. :oops:
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

FerretGamer wrote:Yes, please report back about it. I am basically holding out for your opinion of the performance through USB. I mainly want it for the same reasons as you.

Will do!

The Nyko clip is working out nicely right now though.

Yeah, I like mine. Like you said, it can feel slightly top heavy, but if you find a comfortable position, it works out well.

I'd love to pull that out of my pocket and say that's my computer. :oops:

This is like the nerdiest dirty joke.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

fastbilly1 wrote:
FerretGamer wrote:This is why the Win 8 tablets are just awesome. The Atom processors and Intel HD graphics have definitely come a long way. I am definitely looking forward to cherry trail.

Edit:

Do your tablets and micro-PCs like this one run 32-bit applications made for older windows desktops?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

FerretGamer wrote:Yes, please report back about it. I am basically holding out for your opinion of the performance through USB. I mainly want it for the same reasons as you.

Ok, I did try to get the iPega to work over USB and had no luck. To be clear, I used MicroUSB plugged into the Venue via an OTG adapter. No good. This is the same way I use the Xbox One pad on the Venue. The iPega knew it was plugged in, as it was charging. But when I turned it on... nothing. Windows did not recognize that any new device was plugged in. So either I don't really have a V2, even though the red analog sticks. Or I have a broken one.

I intended to start testing some games on the Venue last night, but got sidetracked. My PC has been getting some random BSOD's the past few days, so I was going thru the even viewer trying to diagnose.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

samsonlonghair wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:

Edit:

Do your tablets and micro-PCs like this one run 32-bit applications made for older windows desktops?

The tablet runs Gog Galaxy and the handful of titles I have thrown at it. Any application you are thinking of in particular? They run full Windows 8.1 with Bing on x86 architecture, there should not be any issues running most any XP on program.