Are the Zelda games approachable?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
darsparx
Next-Gen

Re: Are the Zelda games approachable?

Post by darsparx »

Oh there were ones that were hidden pretty well or required you to perform ancient rituals just to get them while standing on your head....at least that's what it felt like anyways :lol:
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

irixith wrote:didn't think it was possible to miss any kinstones. :lol:

It was impossible to miss the ones you needed to progress but getting all of them was a bit more involved.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

darsparx wrote:Funny I recall trying to do that on mc after my initial playthrough when I was younger(got to the final boss/stage and that was good enough for me because Vatti pissed me off so much when I was younger when trying to beat him...could beat the first version but second...my lord.....), and you know what? It pissed the living crap out of me trying to get them all :lol: too bad I can't reattempt that one(legally) for now...i've found just about every zelda game in the wild-ish for a decent price except that one, wind waker, and LttP(I'm still hunting a Awakening with a working battery though...)

if you find one with a dead battery I'll swap it for you for free well just pay $1 for the battery and return postage. I highly recommend this game, one of my all time favorite Gameboy Games and I just played through it this summer. But do yourself a favor and get the colorized DX version, it isn't that much more expensive than the original and there is an extra dungeon (though the reward kind of breaks the game haha)
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

ninjainspandex wrote:
darsparx wrote:Funny I recall trying to do that on mc after my initial playthrough when I was younger(got to the final boss/stage and that was good enough for me because Vatti pissed me off so much when I was younger when trying to beat him...could beat the first version but second...my lord.....), and you know what? It pissed the living crap out of me trying to get them all :lol: too bad I can't reattempt that one(legally) for now...i've found just about every zelda game in the wild-ish for a decent price except that one, wind waker, and LttP(I'm still hunting a Awakening with a working battery though...)

if you find one with a dead battery I'll swap it for you for free well just pay $1 for the battery and return postage. I highly recommend this game, one of my all time favorite Gameboy Games and I just played through it this summer. But do yourself a favor and get the colorized DX version, it isn't that much more expensive than the original and there is an extra dungeon (though the reward kind of breaks the game haha)

I wish you would've told me that over two or three months ago(admittedly the swap i did in store helped me get a gamecube for $5 so there's that :lol: though almost wonder how my gc grew that much in those short months since getting it...love those small discs for some odd reason)...and I was literally going to sit down and play the crap out of it when I got it(just as if I'd gotten it after going out shopping with my dad :lol: )
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

jvalentine98
64-bit

Post by jvalentine98 »

Top down Zelda games are the best. So, Zelda I, LTTP, Link's Awakening, etc are good. Get those, and enjoy. Zelda II is also good.

Zelda in 3D is blah. Yuck. OOT gets such praise but I hated it. I traded away my N64 I hated it so much back then. I got a PSX and Resident Evil and never looked back at Nintendo, until the last few years.

The majority of the internet Zelda fan boys started with OOT, it seems to me anyways, so it's their default favorite, their childhood memory, etc. It's not even close to the best Zelda game, IMO

Edit: I know I will get bashed for saying that, but it's my opinion only, of course. To explain further why I hate 3D Zelda games, it's this simple:

OOT started way too slowly. In the original Zelda games, you picked up a sword and you adventured off to fight. No tutorial, no talking to fairies, you learning the controls, you just picked up and played. That's what I wanted from a Zelda game, and OOT lost my interest quickly. It's one reason I don't do much modern gaming...I don't want to read 30 minutes of story and I don't want to learn a tutorial, I just want to play. I'm a pro with a side scroller. I can figure out puzzle games. Don't give me text and tutorials
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe, yet.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Yeah there's definitely that, guess just because it was my first zelda(and one of the first games I think I ever truly played on a console) I praised it like everyone else did. I still find it enjoyable but it's definitely not for everyone and is much better to me after you get out of kokiri village
My gameroom