Should I?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
yomomma1
128-bit

Re: Should I?

Post by yomomma1 »

It doesn't matter. If you have to decide if it is okay to use you shouldn't.
slowslow325
Next-Gen

Post by slowslow325 »

yomomma1 wrote:It doesn't matter. If you have to decide if it is okay to use you shouldn't.

I never decided it's OK to use, I've always known it's OK to use. Any word that gets the job done is an OK word to use.

If any person is offended by a word, they need to seek help. The only thing you should be offended by is the sentence. If I say "it's a gay baby blue color", nobody should take that as an insult to them, as there's nothing even remotely insulting in that. If you read that sentence and see "gay" as a derogatory term, when nothing else in the sentence implies that, you, yourself, see gay as an insult.
Last edited by slowslow325 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yomomma1
128-bit

Post by yomomma1 »

I feel like I could disprove you so well by insulting you with words that are by your definition okay to use. I won't, but.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

slowslow325 wrote:I was using that word to describe something. It was a perfect way to describe the color. I also don't like the color, however, I wasn't necessarily using it as a derogatory term.

Go find a large group of gay people and start describing things you don't like at gay and see how many friends you make. :P

Apologies again to the OP.
slowslow325
Next-Gen

Post by slowslow325 »

Hobie-wan wrote:
slowslow325 wrote:I was using that word to describe something. It was a perfect way to describe the color. I also don't like the color, however, I wasn't necessarily using it as a derogatory term.

Go find a large group of gay people and start describing things you don't like at gay and see how many friends you make. :P

Apologies again to the OP.

Irrelevant, if I say that word, when nothing else in the sentence implies that I used it as a derogatory term, the person that takes offense must see it as a derogatory term, themselves.

yomomma1 wrote:I feel like I could disprove you so well by insulting you with words that are by your definition okay to use. I won't, but.

I see no reason in continuing to argue with you. I give loads of valid points, then you turn around and give a single sentence answer that doesn't respond to any point. Instead, you just claim that you have arguments, but refuse to use them.

If we were in a formal debate, I'd clearly be winning. Heck, I'm clearly winning right now.

Also, as a direct response to that quote: The difference is, you'd be insulting me. If by insulting me, you mean making a sentence that says "slowslow is dumb, stupid, idiotic buttface", that is insulting me. The thing is, by my definition, if you just said "dumb" it wouldn't be insulting to me in the slightest.
Last edited by slowslow325 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yomomma1
128-bit

Post by yomomma1 »

That's what happened to my head when I read that post.

Okay fine...

Did you see that car? It looks like a ______ Not offensive? ( I mean you could put anything in here, maybe it is a pearly blue car)

I'm really tired of arguing over whether it is fine to use a word. It isn't, it won't be. It offends me stop it.
Last edited by yomomma1 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slowslow325
Next-Gen

Post by slowslow325 »

yomomma1 wrote:Image

That's what happened to my head when I read that post.

Yay, more claiming that you are winning the argument, when I clearly am! You can't give any counter arguments to my posts, so you lose.

I would also like to send my apologies to the OP. I would stop now, but if I do it appears that I am backing out of the argument because I realize I'm wrong, not because it's your thread. The reason I responded to his first post against me was because I get pretty mad when people say I shouldn't use certain terms because someone might have a hissy fit.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

slowslow325 wrote:I was using that word to describe something. It was a perfect way to describe the color.

Yes, because lite-blue and pink GBAs totally take it up the ass. What a great way to describe them. :roll:

@OP: If you want to change the shell of the GBA to a color you like, you can get one of these.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
JohnBaxterly
24-bit

Post by JohnBaxterly »

to everyone apologizing: No prob, brah(s). I'm just sittin' back and watchin' at this point. lol

And thanks to GSZX1337 for the shell-thing mention. I might consider it, though I'm pretty sure I'm settling with the Micro. I just wanna compare it to my old days with my normal (i.e. non-backlit) SP, y'know? Thanks, for the thousandth time, to everyone who helped!
"Hand over the wave, yeah, Hand over the water"
slowslow325
Next-Gen

Post by slowslow325 »

GSZX1337 wrote:
slowslow325 wrote:I was using that word to describe something. It was a perfect way to describe the color.

Yes, because lite-blue and pink GBAs totally take it up the ass. What a great way to describe them. :roll:

@OP: If you want to change the shell of the GBA to a color you like, you can get one of these.

No, but, again, I'm not talking about the technical definition. Words are there to put the image into your brain. "Gay" may have a technical definition, but it also has another meaning that's not in dictionaries, but is still inside your brain. Therefore, I described it just fine.