RAYFORCE / GALACTIC ATTACK / LAYER SECTION - Hi-Scores

2D Shooters Invade
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Re: RAYFORCE / GALACTIC ATTACK / LAYER SECTION - Hi-Scores

Post by wip3outguy7 »

s1mplehumar wrote:
wip3outguy7 wrote:Yeah, if your only options are JLF and pad, stick with the pad.

The JLF is trash for shmups unless you're using Kowal's (from Shoryuken.com) mod.

I am using an HRAP 2 SA to play just about anything that can be played on a stick. I have the original Sanwa buttons it came with and a Semitsu LS-40 stick installed.

The LS-40 has a pretty short throw, but it's still manageable for fighting games. My plan is to eventually build a dedicated platformer/shmup/run n' gun stick and put my LS-32 back in the HRAP 2 SA to make it a dedicated fighting stick.

Thanks for the link, wipeout. I'm guessing he had those actuators machined. Very cool.

Phaedrus ordered one and I had a chance to test it out. It has maybe 2 mm of travel before it trips the switches, LOL. It's pretty awesome and one of the best shmup sticks I have ever played on. Phaedrus is going to pick up a few more on his next order and I am going to try an nab one from him.
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

wip3outguy7 wrote:
s1mplehumar wrote:
wip3outguy7 wrote:Yeah, if your only options are JLF and pad, stick with the pad.

The JLF is trash for shmups unless you're using Kowal's (from Shoryuken.com) mod.

I am using an HRAP 2 SA to play just about anything that can be played on a stick. I have the original Sanwa buttons it came with and a Semitsu LS-40 stick installed.

The LS-40 has a pretty short throw, but it's still manageable for fighting games. My plan is to eventually build a dedicated platformer/shmup/run n' gun stick and put my LS-32 back in the HRAP 2 SA to make it a dedicated fighting stick.

Thanks for the link, wipeout. I'm guessing he had those actuators machined. Very cool.

Phaedrus ordered one and I had a chance to test it out. It has maybe 2 mm of travel before it trips the switches, LOL. It's pretty awesome and one of the best shmup sticks I have ever played on. Phaedrus is going to pick up a few more on his next order and I am going to try an nab one from him.

Maybe we can get a three-way trade going? :wink: Heck, I'm interested. If not, I'll just order from the guy directly.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I have less then 10 posts on shoryuken, but if he's selling / i'm buying. Poland it looks like, let me know if you want to do something, Eronn.
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

mjmjr25 wrote:I have less then 10 posts on shoryuken, but if he's selling / i'm buying. Poland it looks like, let me know if you want to do something, Eronn.

That's 5+ more posts than I have. Let's do it. I'm thinking 2 or 3 for me.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

I will talk to phaedrus and see what he wants to do. Kowal won't be filling any orders until March, however.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Ok, so you'll keep us in a loop then? I'd go for at least (2) to start - I would think shipping bulk from Poland would be a bit cheaper on us.
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Post by Hazerd »

201,600 - Hazerd - stage 2 - Arcade-EUR
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

^Updated OP, thanks.

Are you using the MAME version of Gunlock? Or do you have a Gunlock PCB?
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Post by Hazerd »

mjmjr25 wrote:^Updated OP, thanks.

Are you using the MAME version of Gunlock? Or do you have a Gunlock PCB?

Using MAME, could only get the Gunlock one to work :oops:

I like the targeting system this game has, kinda reminds me of StarFox 64.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

mjmjr25 wrote:Ok, so you'll keep us in a loop then? I'd go for at least (2) to start - I would think shipping bulk from Poland would be a bit cheaper on us.

Yeah, that's what phaedrus was suggesting. Group buy.