Racketyboy Month of Horror 9: The Axis of Sorta Evil

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Racketyboy Month of Horror 9: The Axis of Sorta Evil

Post by noiseredux »

I had taken a hard break from Overwatch back in May or June when the OWL finals ended. I had been trying to resist the Halloween Event this year, but ultimately, it sucks me in every year...
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Watching Apostle on Netflix. It rules. Basically, Resident Evil 4: The Movie. Will post review tomorrow.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Watching Apostle on Netflix. It rules. Basically, Resident Evil 4: The Movie. Will post review tomorrow.

Interesting. I thought RE4 was Dagon The Game.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

noiseredux wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:Watching Apostle on Netflix. It rules. Basically, Resident Evil 4: The Movie. Will post review tomorrow.

:lol:

Yeah...Dagon, Call of Cthulhu:DCotE, and Resident Evil 4 all kind of have the same aesthetic. So does this movie. Like Resident Evil 4, it ends up being more action than horror. (It was written and directed by Gareth Edwards, who made The Raid.) Still, it is very, very solid, and a great pick for the season. I’ll write more about it this weekend.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

I rewatched Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island for the first time since I was a teenager. It completely held up and I'm not SURE that this is the top-tier of Scooby-Doo stuff. Just about everything is several cuts above the norm for the franchise and it just totally delivers on being everything Scooby-Doo could be.

Also I noticed that the animators are Japanese which means Scooby-Doo is anime and that this is the first episode of an OVA series.
Kuruwin
64-bit

Post by Kuruwin »

Xeogred wrote:Same. It's way more campy, but the bigger budget, Labyrinth, monster designs and sets, etc are all amazing.

I do agree that the sets and effects look good but aren't interesting enough to save otherwise dull movie.

Death Proof

Liked the first hour but the second one didn't really do it for me and death proof ended up being second worst Tarantino movie for me (Jackie Brown is the worst but i only seen it once over 10 years ago) This is probably the only time i didn't find Tarantinos action impressing and the big car chase didn't give me any thrills. Honestly it was quite boring watching Mike just slightly bumbing the car for a quite a while (eventhough i liked that character on the hood) and the reverse chase wasn't doing it either.

Dario Argento's Inferno

Especially for a movie called inferno this one is super lame. It tries to be Suspiria 2 but it fails spectacularly hard and doesn't have any magic of that movie. The death scenes are terrible and the ones involving animals almost made me laugh. The movie is just really yarring and slow and has no suspense.

It's just saddens me how well the music was used in Suspiria but that's the only Dario film i've seen where i think the ost really fitted. On his other movies the music doesn't really fit at all.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I feel like I'm the only person who loves Death Proof haha
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

noiseredux wrote:I feel like I'm the only person who loves Death Proof haha

Nope. I really like it, and it’s literally my wife’s second favorite movie.
Ack

Post by Ack »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
noiseredux wrote:

:lol:

Yeah...Dagon, Call of Cthulhu:DCotE, and Resident Evil 4 all kind of have the same aesthetic. So does this movie. Like Resident Evil 4, it ends up being more action than horror. (It was written and directed by Gareth Edwards, who made The Raid.) Still, it is very, very solid, and a great pick for the season. I’ll write more about it this weekend.

I rise from beyond the horizon to point out you should seek the film Night of the Seagulls.

Now back to my wine and crazy roadways...
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

noiseredux wrote:I had taken a hard break from Overwatch back in May or June when the OWL finals ended. I had been trying to resist the Halloween Event this year, but ultimately, it sucks me in every year...

Man, every time I hear about Overwatch I'm reminded of my time with Team Fortress 2. I finally bought the game when it was in Humble Monthly, but I haven't gotten around to it yet because I'm just playing horror titles right now.

After about nine hours of Manhunt, I said "Fuck it," and uninstalled it. While it was quite flawed, I really did like the stealth gameplay and its twisted atmosphere. What I really didn't like is the game turning into a cut-rate third-person shooter eight missions in. I was willing to let the first gun blazing mission slide, but a couple missions later there's another one. Who's dumbass idea was it to have a game with purposely shitty combat mechanics include at least two shooter missions? I really wish the game had the option to change the difficulty mid-game so I can just blow through these missions and crank the difficulty back up when I get back to the good bits.

About Hellraiser, I liked the second film, but I was pretty disappointed with its climax and it just seemed like the villains that menaced my screen for the duration of the first film just get punked to make way for the doctor. Because of this, I prefer the original. Now Hellraiser 3 on the other hand...
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|