So, late to the SF IV party...

Brawlers and Beatemups
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: So, late to the SF IV party...

Post by noiseredux »

you're all wrong. 3rd Strike > all the other ones.
Ack

Post by Ack »

noiseredux wrote:you're all wrong. 3rd Strike > all the other ones.

If by 3rd Strike you mean Alpha 2, then I agree.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

3rd Strike is cool if you can get into its parry system. It's just I don't think much of the new characters from a design perspective.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I adore the look of 3rd Strike. I love the weird and unique roster. I love that the roster is so lean. Love the feel of the controls. Love the music. Just a great game.

I think IV is great though. Sure it looks jarring when you're used to 2D. But I think it plays great. I've dumped many hours into that game over the past half-decade.

II is still the entry that hooked me on the series (presumably like every one of us here?). That said, I'm sure I play III and IV far more often these days. I mean I love it, and it's an important game to me. I just don't play it as often anymore.

The only Alpha I've spent any serious time with is 3. I like it a lot. But not as much as the three games I've listed above. Sure is pretty though. And like 3rd Strike, I enjoy some of the oddball characters included.

I've said this before, but I always wished we got a remake of Street Fighter. The original Street Fighter. I'd love to have that original roster but made playable in the II or III or Alpha engine and controls that actually work.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I really enjoy SFIV. It is not one of my very favorite fighting games, but it is really fun. My favorite games in the SF series are probably SF Alpha 3 and SF II Turbo Championship Edition. Ultra SFIV probably ranks just below those two IMO.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

I've grown to appreciate the art style of IV after a while, but at first I was definitely not into it either.

Really ought to get fight nights going again. Miss that.
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

It's not even about the artstyle. I mean, I played the absolute shit out of SFxT, and that game had an arguably worse aesthetic than SF4.

Let me just put it this way - a good fighting game makes combos easy and reversals hard. SF4 did the exact opposite.
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

I like the SF 4 games, but would prefer to play SSF ll Turbo. Too bad the online for HD Remix is poop if you have more than 2 people in a lobby.
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

Exhuminator wrote:3rd Strike is cool if you can get into its parry system. It's just I don't think much of the new characters from a design perspective.

I actually rarely parry, mainly due to my main constantly moving even during her idle. There's still plenty to like about the game regardless.

Oh and 3S is tied with VSav for best character design Capcom has ever come up with. /objective
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

noiseredux wrote:I adore the look of 3rd Strike. I love the weird and unique roster. I love that the roster is so lean. Love the feel of the controls. Love the music. Just a great game.

I think IV is great though. Sure it looks jarring when you're used to 2D. But I think it plays great. I've dumped many hours into that game over the past half-decade.

II is still the entry that hooked me on the series (presumably like every one of us here?). That said, I'm sure I play III and IV far more often these days. I mean I love it, and it's an important game to me. I just don't play it as often anymore.

The only Alpha I've spent any serious time with is 3. I like it a lot. But not as much as the three games I've listed above. Sure is pretty though. And like 3rd Strike, I enjoy some of the oddball characters included.

I've said this before, but I always wished we got a remake of Street Fighter. The original Street Fighter. I'd love to have that original roster but made playable in the II or III or Alpha engine and controls that actually work.

Everything he said.

Everything.

...and where was this horrid netcode? It wasn't on PS3 - I know that. I have terrible internet and had very few problems over 100's of hours of play.