Lightning Warrior Raidy
Lightning Warrior Raidy II
Hi-Leg Fantasy
Cobra Mission
Opa Opa

Re: Party-less JRPG's?

Post by Opa Opa »

Thanks for all the input, guys.

brunoafh wrote:You are alone in most of the From Software RPGs. King's Field series, Shadow Tower series, Eternal Ring, Evergrace series, Demon's/Dark Souls.

Alundra, Landstalker, and Dark Savior also come to mind.

Yeah, I didn't enjoy the narrative (or lack thereof) of Demon's Souls. (I think I've actually talked to you before about this?) Hopefully, they focus more on the plot in Dark Souls 2.

Didn't From make the Lost Kingdom games, too? IIRC, you're by yourself in those as well. Although, they're weird rpg/card battle/action game hybrids; not really a traditional RPG.
TheBrick
24-bit

Post by TheBrick »

You could TRY to go through a Shin Megami Tensei game by yourself. Mind you, it's not advised, and you will cry from the frustration of trying to beat it alone, but it's possible.
Consoles: N64, Wii, Dreamcast, PS2, SNES, Saturn, Genesis, PS3, NES, Wii U, 2600, PS4
Handhelds: Game Boy Advance, 3DS, PSP, New 3DS
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

TheBrick wrote:You could TRY to go through a Shin Megami Tensei game by yourself. Mind you, it's not advised, and you will cry from the frustration of trying to beat it alone, but it's possible.

I can't imagine doing this. The Matador in Nocturne was a very difficult fight with a full party, and it takes place so early that there isn't much in terms of stacking items to prep for the fight.
TheBrick
24-bit

Post by TheBrick »

dunpeal2064 wrote:
TheBrick wrote:You could TRY to go through a Shin Megami Tensei game by yourself. Mind you, it's not advised, and you will cry from the frustration of trying to beat it alone, but it's possible.

I can't imagine doing this. The Matador in Nocturne was a very difficult fight with a full party, and it takes place so early that there isn't much in terms of stacking items to prep for the fight.

I never said it was in any way easy, I just said that it could be done.
Consoles: N64, Wii, Dreamcast, PS2, SNES, Saturn, Genesis, PS3, NES, Wii U, 2600, PS4
Handhelds: Game Boy Advance, 3DS, PSP, New 3DS
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

Sounds like a good challenge for a masochist.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Just playing Nocturne is a pretty good challenge. Doing it alone seems like it would require a LOT of luck, as there are some bosses that could kill you on a whim. Hell, there are some basic enemies that could kill you on a whim.

I have to admit, that would be the one "Let's Play" that I could actually watch.

I guess by those standards you could also play Pokemon with only one Pokemon. Your Red/Blue versions are now 151 games in one!