Good Nintendo DS/GBA imports

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
Mega-Dan
24-bit

Good Nintendo DS/GBA imports

Post by Mega-Dan »

I was wondering if anybody had any advice about what some good imports for the Nintendo DS or Gba are? A good import is obviously one that is really fun to play and doesnt require any knowlege of Japanese (you can pretty much just fumble through the menus a few times and after some 30 seconds of trial and error you know how to play perfectly).

A perfect import in my opinion is Mawashite Koron (DS), it was released as Cameltry on the SNES. In this puzzle game, you use the touch pen to rotate a maze as you attempt to lead a ball to the goal under a time limit. Items located on the play field can either get in the way or lend a helping hand. Wireless play for up to four players is included on one card. Easy to play, no text etc. Fun arcade game and will probably never be released in america.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

I've been looking at getting Kuru Kuru Kurin for the GBA
It's a neat puzzle type game that never made it to the States.
Mega-Dan
24-bit

Kuru Kuru Kururin is great!

Post by Mega-Dan »

This game is amazing! thanks for the recommendation. I actually had it but got it confused with another game I got a long time ago called "lady sia" because I got them at the same time....I just never played it. If you asked me if I had played kuru kuru kururin I would have said yes and been wrong...but now that I actaully have played it its an amazing puzzle game and in english to boot! What tipped me off is that you said it was a puzzle game...that made me wonder.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

hehe -- glad I could help.
I've been putting off purchasing a copy of it...
Mega-Dan
24-bit

Buying games and not playing them

Post by Mega-Dan »

My problem is I go on ebay looking for games as a way of taking breaks from work, so I buy the games without having time to actually play them. You wouldnt belive the amount of games I have that I havent actually played....it really pissed off my ex-girlfriend. I have and have never played Splinter Cell, Resident Evil 4, Legend of Zelda: Wind Walker etc....stacks and piles. I was looking on online for a game today and remembered I already owned it (Psyvariare Complete incase your wondering).
retrogamer

Post by retrogamer »

Hi,

I was happy to read your post. I thought I was the only one who did that and maybe I should cut down on my game buying habits. I would say 60 percent of my collection has still never been played yet. I always seem to rush out and buy the titles that interest me for the fear that if I wait to long I won't be able to get them. Then I set a date in my head when I will play it and lo and behold it sits on the shelf. Maybe in 20 years from now I will finally get around to playing my Metroid Prime 2 game. I spend more time reading about games on the internet than I actually do playing them.