A free PC game every few days

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
J T
Next-Gen

Re: A free PC game every few days

Post by J T »

suteF
(Size: 7 MB)

suteF is a puzzle/platformer game in the tradition of games like Braid or Solomon's Key, but it has a decidedly darker tone. The world of suteF feels surreal and uninviting. These are of course some of the games strengths because it provides great atmosphere for this brain bending puzzler.
Last edited by J T on Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

"Hey Taxi!" "Up Please."

Remember that phrase on the C64? Blew me away when I first heard voice synthesis on an 8 bit computer. There is Space Taxi 2 with updated graphics that can be purchased. I like the original Freeware Space Taxi Remake for the PC. Graphics and sounds all faithfully reproduced from the original C64 version. Inspiration of Lunar Lander in this special game. A shame there are only eight levels, still a Retro kick to try though. :D

Space Taxi Remake - http://michael.lesauvage.name/space-taxi/
Eight Level Freeware version. A recreated version to the original C64 game.

Space Taxi 2 - http://www.twilightgames.com/spacetaxi/ ... i_info.htm
This one is a freebie trial or you can buy the whole version.

@ J T
Can Mac games be included in this Thread?
Maybe a rename of the OP Title?
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Mac games are included in this thread, as are Linux. I've tried to spell out on some of my posts when there is Mac or Linux compatibility. I just don't want to have to have a jumbled title that says "A free PC or Mac or Linux game every few days".
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

PC = Personal Computer. A Mac is a personal computer. A linux box is a personal computer.

I really don't know why PC apparently means "Windows".
OmegaMaximum
16-bit

Post by OmegaMaximum »

AppleQueso wrote:PC = Personal Computer. A Mac is a personal computer. A linux box is a personal computer.

Comes from back in the old days of personal computing, where IBM came out with the IBM PC. Since they used it, and since all current Windows PCs are based upon IBM's design and architecture, a Windows computer is commonly called a PC. While yes Apple and Linux machines are personal computers, and while yes they now use the same architecture as Windows, at one point they were very different, prompting people to not confuse them with an IBM PC by not referring to them as a PC.
Segata Sanshiro: "You must play Sega Saturn! Play... until your fingers break! Until your fingers break!"
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

ARMA II: Multiplayer

ARMA II, which was previously only a full retail release and renowned for being one of the most intensely realistic war games on the market, is just about to release its multiplayer component for free along with a level editor that allows you to create custom made single player campaigns. If you've held out on buying this game, but are interested in one of the better PC war games out there, it will go free to play this month.

http://www.arma2.com/free
Trailer Video
RetroGam3r
16-bit

Post by RetroGam3r »

I would love to play Arma but i know now my laptop probably wont run it!
Keep up the goodwork JT, This is the one thread i check daily.
Twitter:RetroGam3r
PSN:JIM-N-A
3DS:1392-5016-6947
Steam:RetroGam3r
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

RetroGam3r wrote:Keep up the goodwork JT, This is the one thread i check daily.

Thanks. :)

Keeping on then...

By The Numbers
(Size: 33 MB)

*click to visit download page*

Gameplay Video

By The Numbers is a game by Aki Ahonen that was made as part of the "One Room One Week" competition where game developers create an entire game in a week's time. Some pretty impressive stuff was created for this game in such a short time frame. The premise of the game is that you are a crimincal investigator on the case to find the culprit of a string of recent kidnappings. You have a witness in the interrogation room and you need to ask the right questions to get the information you need to solve the case and protect the girls. It's fairly clever gameplay too. It's just dialogue trees, but you have limited time to conduct the interview and you have to make a few tough choices. This coincides with music shifts that make the decision points feel very mportant and dramatic. It doesn't take long to play through the whole game, so it's worth a download.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

AppleQueso wrote:PC = Personal Computer. A Mac is a personal computer. A linux box is a personal computer.

I can give you an easy example of why people believe that - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5z0Ia5jDt4
Though I prefer Novells take: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eTguZ5O ... re=related
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

The Cat and the Coup
(Size: 69 MB)

I'm going to do a twofer today since I just got on Steam and found out that The Cat and the Coup was released for free! I've been following this game for awhile and awaiting its release. I didn't expect to find it released free on Steam. What a pleasant surprise. :)

If you haven't heard of The Cat and the Coup yet, here's the game description:

"The Cat and the Coup is a documentary game in which you play the cat of Dr. Mohammed Mossadegh, the first democratically elected Prime Minister of Iran. During the summer of 1953, the CIA engineered a coup to bring about his downfall. As a player, you coax Mossadegh back through significant events of his life by knocking objects off of shelves, scattering his papers, jumping on his lap and scratching him."

Official Website
Get it on Steam