What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by SamuraiMegas »

So I got fired from my job, and I've begun working on my own "business" that's already starting to pay pretty well- hanging out at the goodwill bins &garage sales and buying up vintage clothes to flip. I'm mostly looking to build up a decent inventory for eBay before I get back to work + college again when I move back to Denton in a few months. I have a few other hustles out here so I can float by for the next few months basically making the same money as I was in a decent sales job.

Pretty upset about the job situation still. Job gave me no explanation for the firing. I attended a meeting that morning as normal, went to do my sales visits and while I was walking around a city about an hour south from my house I got a call telling me I was being let go. Last thing I heard from them pretty much.

But whatever. I'm working my own hours now and answer to no one so I kinda like it. Little bit scary but I'm going to try it for a bit.

Sell me your t shirts, lol.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
opa
Next-Gen

Post by opa »

Smile: Put my two weeks in last night. New job finally coming through. At this point I'm just glad to rejoin the world of the living. Working at night sucks.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

I actually liked working nights. I was always prone to staying up all night, anyway. I'd stock shelves 10p-6a then either work my morning job until 12-1p or go home. Either way I'd go home after work and sleep till 8:30-9 at night and either go to work or stay up all night watching TV or playing video games.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:D Guess who's getting a new phone tomorrow? Galaxy A53 5G, though thankfully I didn't have to shell out the full right up front (payment plan).

My current phone's started giving me issues, from not registering a charge while charging to not being able to clear out enough space to upgrade my apps, no matter how many I've cleared out. And lately the battery seems to die far too quickly. Like if I go to work in the morning, where I listen to music and/or various YouTube videos (pop culture deep dives, creepypasta narrations, etc), the battery could very well be 50-60% and if I don't charge it when I get home and then go to work a few hours later, my phone could be on 15% at most before I leave or after I get home.

:( My case and screen protectors won't get here until Tuesday, so I'll have to hold off before I break out my phone if I want it or the screen to last. Better safe than sorry.

:cry: My AC crapping out weeks ago is really starting to affect me. It's starting to (finally) warm up and stay that way. Thankfully it's pretty breezy so when I'm home I can just open the door for a bit. And the portable fan I use when I do laundry works pretty well, especially at night. I just put it on my nightstand and thankfully it keeps me from sweating all night.
marurun

Post by marurun »

opa wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:05 pm Smile: Put my two weeks in last night. New job finally coming through. At this point I'm just glad to rejoin the world of the living. Working at night sucks.
Where will you end up? Welcome back to daylight.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

opa wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:05 pm Smile: Put my two weeks in last night. New job finally coming through. At this point I'm just glad to rejoin the world of the living. Working at night sucks.
Congrats! :D
opa
Next-Gen

Post by opa »

Thanks, guys.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Congrats!

Weird timing. I gave my 2 weeks recently and Sunday is my last day. I'll be working Mon-Fri after that though, so it'll be a 7 day work week.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:D I'm getting the case and screen protectors for my new phone. I was going to wait until I got them to set my new phone up and it looks like they'll be here a day early.

:D Also getting more hours at my afternoon job.

:shock: Dafuq's going on over on the Racketboy Discord? A bot's apparently posting sketchy links and my name gets brought up?

FYI, if you click on my Discord profile, it'll tell you that my Discord username is jareth247, which is also my username on Steam, among other places.

:) Other than that I bought my mom and dad each a water bottle based on their favorite football teams. My mom roots for the Carolina Panthers (last time I got her a Mother's Day present I bought her a Carolina Panthers infinity scarf) while my dad is a fan of the team currently known as the Washington Commanders. I'm not sure if my dad still likes them after their name change. And speaking of my dad...

:cry: He's not doing very well. He was in the hospital some time ago with pneumonia and from what my brother's told me, he doesn't even look like himself. He's on oxygen and apparently he hasn't been drinking or smoking and doesn't even leave his house.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

REPO Man wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:12 pm :D Guess who's getting a new phone tomorrow? Galaxy A53 5G, though thankfully I didn't have to shell out the full right up front (payment plan).
So instead you're going to pay $450+ for that phone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFODezPtQDU
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii