Hey guys, dont play PC games all your life.

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Re: Hey guys, dont play PC games all your life.

Post by Mozgus »

Ack wrote:That royally sucks. I'm sorry you are unable to play the way you used to. Does the injury affect your ability to drive or grip things effectively? I know it's a wrist injury, but with the nerve damage...wonder if it has anything to do with your hand cramps on 360 controllers.

Well, yeah, thats why it happens..

But no, I didn't lose any strength or anything. I still routinely pickup and carry things up to 70lbs at work daily and have no issue.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Mozgus wrote:
Ack wrote:That royally sucks. I'm sorry you are unable to play the way you used to. Does the injury affect your ability to drive or grip things effectively? I know it's a wrist injury, but with the nerve damage...wonder if it has anything to do with your hand cramps on 360 controllers.
But no, I didn't lose any strength or anything. I still routinely pickup and carry things up to 70lbs at work daily and have no issue.

Sorry that happened to you. Sometimes I switch to a Trakball for browsing. Not as efficient, but not too bad. It does save on the hand cramp though. As for the games that do not allow a gamepad and require a mouse, these are easily fixed with a utility such as JoyToKey and JoyCursor Tools.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

DinnerX
Next-Gen

Post by DinnerX »

Ow. :( How's the scarred area deal with cold temperatures? I busted my chin once, had to get stitches, and the scarred area was sensitive to cold temperatures for years. I'd hate to have that feeling in my hand.
Since this signature affects old posts, I'm leaving a message here in case anyone searches for my username. This account died in early 2013. I am no longer a fundamentalist.

Don't add to my problems by pretending my past views are still held in the present. I do not have any patience for that. Feel free to ask me what I think now.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

CRTGAMER wrote:Sorry that happened to you. Sometimes I switch to a Trakball for browsing. Not as efficient, but not too bad. It does save on the hand cramp though. As for the games that do not allow a gamepad and require a mouse, these are easily fixed with a utility such as JoyToKey and JoyCursor Tools.

That would be covered by the mention of Xpadder a few posts ago.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

As others have said, sorry this happened to you. It sucks when something like that happens and permanently alters your life in some annoying way. I had a medical issue this year that has left me with pain and swelling in one of my legs that I may have to deal with for the rest of my life. So I can kind of relate. Though your situation is especially shitty given how it affects your gaming. Life sucks some times.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Necro-ing a decade later this just to say it's still an incredibly weird and inconsistent situation. I can go for a month and am just fine at work, but every once in a while a day comes along where a switch is flipped and my hand is just fucked, no grip strength, major stabbing pains if I try to work through it. It's really tough to figure out what the exact movement or wrist angle is that triggers the complete shut down. The pains just shoot all the way up to my elbow. But again, 99% of the days I am totally fine. Gaming is not impacted anymore. It's just when picking up something heavy too quickly.

I had one other absolutely insane medical issue that no one had every seen before like 6 years ago. A tonsil essentially sprung a leak. A vein in the back of my throat burst. I realized my coffee tasted metallic. Opened my mouth and a tiny stream of blood kept shooting out. Drove myself to the hospital. Apparently they pumped a lot of blood out of my stomach and they removed only my left tonsil, not the right. Got a lopsided throat now. Was a brutal throat pain and healing process. No wonder they prefer to do that shit to you when you're young. I needed so many oxies I ended up shitting a brick on day 6.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I’ve been dealing with ulnar nerve issues myself. I have to make sure I’m using the right mice and keyboards at work and at home and not playing too many games with a claw grip. Smart phone use can make things worse.

Sorry to hear about the continuing issues. I hope all else is going well, at least.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.