new dreamcast shooter "dux" coming next year!

2D Shooters Invade
HeavyMetalMe
128-bit

Post by HeavyMetalMe »

peace4myheart wrote:
nick944 wrote:
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:DO I NEED A BOOT DISK OR ANYTHING TO PLAY THIS, I wont buy it unless it will just run in a US Dreamcast, I dont like messing with the home consoles, handhelds on the other hand :twisted:
doctorfugue wrote:You don't need a boot disk

The only problem is that your Dreamcast has to be able to read CD-R because this is not a GD-ROM game. Hopefully yours is one of them. :P

BTW HeavyMetalMe, how do you get an interview with the developer??? Do you need some kind of press credential or you just come up to their door and start knocking??? Love the interview. Thanx a lot.

Sorry for the delayed response to this. I was hassling him prior with persistent e-mails, so I figured I may as well just interview him. No credentials needed!
High-Brow Gag & Pure Shooting
LoneCynic
32-bit

Post by LoneCynic »

I am looking forward to this game's release. I just ordered a VGA cable from this site to hook my Dreamcast up to my HDTV in anticipation of this game. As far as having a Dreamcast that will play CD-Rs, I believe you have to have an earlier model console for those to run on it. The ones produced later on were built differently in an attempt to prevent bootleggers. Looking forward to further updates on DUX as the release date approaches!
HeavyMetalMe
128-bit

Re: new dreamcast shooter "dux" coming next year!

Post by HeavyMetalMe »

The game can now be pre-ordered on Play-Asia.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-x-49-en-70-31fr.html
RackGaki
128-bit

Post by RackGaki »

$27.90? The dollar is a stronger currency these days. I just hope that I get my poster that the first 100 preorders were suppose to get. I preordered DUX on the first day it was available, so hopefully I can at least get a poster for giving them $10 more than what I could get it for today.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."
ott0bot
Next-Gen

Post by ott0bot »

Wow...under 30 bucks now. I want to pick this up, but without an actual demo I'm waiting for some feedback from some actual people around here or shmups. Looks cool....just not sure, since I was kinda disapointed with last hope.
black flag nc

Post by black flag nc »

I'm on the fence with this one, too.

I wanna support the homebrew scene, but I don't wanna shell out $ for a crappy shmup.
RackGaki
128-bit

Post by RackGaki »

I figured at it's worst, it would be a decent rip-off of R-type. The gameplay videos were always promising.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."
black flag nc

Post by black flag nc »

RackGaki wrote:I figured at it's worst, it would be a decent rip-off of R-type. The gameplay videos were always promising.

Yeah, the vids look very R-type inspired which gives me the warm fuzzies.

Somebody let us know if it's decent. :D
HeavyMetalMe
128-bit

Post by HeavyMetalMe »

...will do, if it's ever actually released :)