Next-Gen

Re: STGT Week 2 - Lords of Thunder

Post by EllertMichael »

Ahh.. 2nd form. So not the final final
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

I tried to get going this week, but I have been overwhelmed with a lot of stuff. Sorry team! I will try and fix that for next week!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Finally!

1,141,700 - CFFJR - Team 7 - Stage 7 boss - Water Armor - TurboDuo (emulated)

I've been struggling with this for the past couple of days, constantly screwing up on bosses and getting frustrated. But the practice paid off as I just had an awesome run and made it to the final (not final) boss!

Got a great score and I'm super satisfied. A little more practice and I should be able to clear it. On my own that is, I'm done for today. :lol:

GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

*smorking section needs another score*

Nice job Ellert and CFFJR!
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Post by skate323k137 »

DocHauser wrote:Score table is missing ExedExes' score (530,000) from page 4 of the thread.

Nice, good job to both of you. I'm still stuck in the 400k range but I'll be putting in a few more runs tonight regardless.
Need FreeMCboot? I'll install it on your PS2 Memory Card for free if you cover postage both ways.
Consoles: I have too much stuff
Arcade: No seriously, I have too much stuff. Someone grab a shovel and dig me out of my basement.
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

Did about five runs. Seems very memorization-oriented (which isn't normally my thing).

For the sake of not entirely screwing our team...

259,200 - Omerta - The Smorking Section - Stage 2 Boss - Water Armor - TE16

If anything changes between now and midnight in Minnesota, I'll post 'er up.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I think I have 'em all updated - let me know if not...1 hour to go.
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Post by skate323k137 »

Best I could muster. Time to move the emulator box over to the vert cab for gunbird 2

452,500 - Skate323k137 - Model 3 - Stage 3 Boss - Earth Armor - TurboEngine

Took a pic of "the twins" running the first couple weeks games

Need FreeMCboot? I'll install it on your PS2 Memory Card for free if you cover postage both ways.
Consoles: I have too much stuff
Arcade: No seriously, I have too much stuff. Someone grab a shovel and dig me out of my basement.
DocHauser
128-bit

Post by DocHauser »

If anyone wants to keep playing this for the 1CC, some tips...

I usually switch between Water and Earth. Earth has the more powerful attack, a napalm-type burst that goes above and below you when fully powered up. Water is good for levels where there's a lot of stuff coming from behind you. I went with this stage order:

1. Dezant (Water)
2. Auzal (Earth)
3. Bosque (Earth)
4. Helado (Earth)
5. Llamarada (Water)
6. Cielom (Water)
7. Dark Tower/Final Boss (Earth)

It's usually better to go into a stage fully powered-up than trying to buy elixirs, but after the first four stages I usually had enough cash to do both. The big pro tip for the end of the game is: if you clear Stage 7 and you only have 2000 cash left, then buy an elixir. Your energy, power level and bombs are all restocked before you meet the final boss, so you're wasting your money if you buy those in the shop before the boss. The only thing that doesn't get replenished is shield, but it's better to go for elixir, for obvious reasons. So you've got max weapon power, 3 bombs and two full health bars to beat the boss. Piece of cake.
EllertMichael
Next-Gen

Post by EllertMichael »

DocHauser wrote:Your energy, power level and bombs are all restocked before you meet the final boss, so you're wasting your money if you buy those in the shop before the boss. The only thing that doesn't get replenished is shield, but it's better to go for elixir, for obvious reasons. So you've got max weapon power, 3 bombs and two full health bars to beat the boss. Piece of cake.

Great advice. Also wanted to point out that the max shield is a ripoff. 500 coins for 2 hits or 1500 for 3 hits? Spend the few hundred coins to max out your health throughout the game. Most of the week I kept buying the max shield between stages without thinking twice and it wasn't until the very end that I realized I should have been sticking with lv. 2 the whole time in order to afford the elixir(s).

Lords of Commerce!