2D Shooters Invade
User avatar
Lazer
64-bit
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:22 am
Location: Cygnus X1

Re: STGT Week 1 - Mushihimesama Futari

by Lazer Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:02 am

46,179,940 - Lazer - 8bit Meat Lazers - Stage 3 boss - Palm(Abn) - 360

Finally made it to the stage 3 boss. Bombs just bounce off his first form.

IMG_0869.jpg
IMG_0869.jpg (196.03 KiB) Viewed 453 times
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
8bit
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1905
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:20 pm
Location: Houston TX

Re: STGT Week 1 - Mushihimesama Futari

by 8bit Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:39 am

I can't seem to get the game to work when using Xbox Live Arcade on the 360. I searched Mushihimesama and found a download for it. I paid $15 and downloaded it but now it seems this may have only been an add on or something. I can't find the full game in my library or when searching for other downloads.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this and get the game working?
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38149
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: STGT Week 1 - Mushihimesama Futari

by noiseredux Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:42 am

I think what you downloaded was the Black Label DLC. I don't think Futari is on XBLA. You have to buy the physical game I'm pretty sure?
Image
User avatar
Kidpanda
64-bit
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:52 pm
Location: Panda Island™

Re: STGT Week 1 - Mushihimesama Futari

by Kidpanda Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:08 pm

8bit wrote:I can't seem to get the game to work when using Xbox Live Arcade on the 360. I searched Mushihimesama and found a download for it. I paid $15 and downloaded it but now it seems this may have only been an add on or something. I can't find the full game in my library or when searching for other downloads.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this and get the game working?


Futari was only released as a retail disc, like noise said, you bought the DLC. DO you possibly have the disc floating around somewhere?
Image
mjmjr25
 

Re: STGT Week 1 - Mushihimesama Futari

by mjmjr25 Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:11 pm

Andy - I can mail you my 360 copy, but I don't know that you'll get more than 1-day with it by the time it gets there?
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38149
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: STGT Week 1 - Mushihimesama Futari

by noiseredux Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:42 pm

Lazer wrote:You never bomb? That's impressive.


when playing for score it's been ingrained in me that you don't bomb in any shmup. This is sometimes bad though. Sometimes the penalty for bombing is not so severe that it's worth the risk. Other times you might even have a shmup w/ no penalty for bombing. Yet, without thinking I tend to "forget" about the bomb button altogether if it's for score.

Playing for survival is another story.
Image
User avatar
skate323k137
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:26 am
Location: Lansing, MI

Re: STGT Week 1 - Mushihimesama Futari

by skate323k137 Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:53 pm

68,452,405 - Skate323k137 - Model 3 - Stage 4 - Palm/N - 360 arcade mode

Image
Image
Need FreeMCboot? I'll install it on your PS2 Memory Card for free if you cover postage both ways.
Consoles: I have too much stuff
Arcade: No seriously, I have too much stuff. Someone grab a shovel and dig me out of my basement.
User avatar
TSTR
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5656
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:55 am
Location: Durham, NC

Re: STGT Week 1 - Mushihimesama Futari

by TSTR Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:22 pm

noiseredux wrote:
Lazer wrote:You never bomb? That's impressive.


when playing for score it's been ingrained in me that you don't bomb in any shmup. This is sometimes bad though. Sometimes the penalty for bombing is not so severe that it's worth the risk. Other times you might even have a shmup w/ no penalty for bombing. Yet, without thinking I tend to "forget" about the bomb button altogether if it's for score.

Playing for survival is another story.

Same here a lot of the time, although I often remember the button like a second after I need to.
User avatar
8bit
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1905
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:20 pm
Location: Houston TX

Re: STGT Week 1 - Mushihimesama Futari

by 8bit Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:34 pm

mjmjr25 wrote:Andy - I can mail you my 360 copy, but I don't know that you'll get more than 1-day with it by the time it gets there?
Kidpanda wrote:
8bit wrote:I can't seem to get the game to work when using Xbox Live Arcade on the 360. I searched Mushihimesama and found a download for it. I paid $15 and downloaded it but now it seems this may have only been an add on or something. I can't find the full game in my library or when searching for other downloads.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this and get the game working?


Futari was only released as a retail disc, like noise said, you bought the DLC. DO you possibly have the disc floating around somewhere?



Aw crap. What a waste. Thanks for the offer Mike but just to be safe and I went ahead and ordered the game off Amazon with free prime shipping so it should be here Friday. Sorry team for not being better prepared.
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |
mjmjr25
 

Re: STGT Week 1 - Mushihimesama Futari

by mjmjr25 Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:04 pm

It's a great great game, Andy - so it'll be worth the purchase regardless of this tournament.
Return to Shmups

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests