Next-Gen

Re: POLL: Jamestown; How should we play it in STGT

Post by TSTR »

idgaf yall gettin crushed regardless
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

So in finding a true DRM free option and not to be left out of this upcoming week of competition, I found 2 other places to get Jamestown from.

Desura
Gamersgate

Desura requires a client just like Steam (but can also be run offline)
Gamersgate is client-free, like GOG.

Anyways, I purchased it and played around a bit just to see what the heck this poll was about.

I would agree that Gauntlet mode is the way to go for that is more like the "arcade" mode of this game, with the stages that come one after the other. That requires 1,000 ducats to unlock (easily attainable)

But what difficulty? I see there was a tie in the poll here.

So to cast the deciding vote I'ma gonna go with Legendary. I honestly don't see a whole lot of difference in each successive difficulty level, but who doesn't appreciate a little challenge when playing shmups? Plus, to unlock all the levels, you just have to play the first 4 on Legendary first. With 3 credits per level, it won't take very long, plus you'll earn the ducats you need to unlock the other 3 ships.

I've got Gauntlet mode and I'm now ready to play Legendary. Let's do this!
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
DocHauser
128-bit

Post by DocHauser »

Plus, to unlock all the levels, you just have to play the first 4 on Legendary first.

That may just be if you want to play stages individually. If you're playing on Gauntlet, you should have all five stages for Legendary from the start.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

DocHauser wrote:
Plus, to unlock all the levels, you just have to play the first 4 on Legendary first.

That may just be if you want to play stages individually. If you're playing on Gauntlet, you should have all five stages for Legendary from the start.

No, I tried it and it gave me a warning that I wouldn't be playing all the levels until they were unlocked. It's probably the best thing to do, it won't take very long.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.