2D Shooters Invade
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Re: Cotton series

by Gunstar Green Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:37 pm

aaron wrote:
Stark wrote:Maybe you don't like cute-em-ups? I liked Cotton Boomerang personally, but I'm not hardcore into shmups, so I wouldn't be able to tell you how it compares to other shmups.

i think this is really the issue. there's something about the cute aesthetic that just bugs me. i'm also more partial to vertical shmups than hori. so, yeah. i'll give boomerang another shot. but i dunno.

You're not alone, the only cute'em ups I really love are the Fantasy Zone games. They're like Defender on drugs.
Ghegs
64-bit

by Ghegs Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:35 pm

I've been idly looking for an original Cotton Boomerang ST-V cart for a while, but those seem to be a tad on the rare side.
My videos

Rolling Start!! - Arcade Racing Game Forum
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:38 pm

Not sure what the number is, but i'd guesstimate it's about 4 boots for every 1 original.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:14 pm

Damn wtf happened to the prices on the Saturn version of Cotton Boomerang??? I bought it a couple years ago for $70 shipped and now it is going for $180?
nightrnr
Next-Gen

by nightrnr Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:23 am

Doesn't the same thing happens with almost every good Saturn shmup (especially if it's an exclusive home release)?

There really is no helping it. Saturn games aren't a cheap commodity in general and it only gets worse with time.
...just another lost soul...
Return to Shmups