Cave confirmed as Xbox One dev

2D Shooters Invade
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Cave confirmed as Xbox One dev

Post by dsheinem »

http://gematsu.com/2014/04/xbox-one-lau ... er-4-japan

Cave made the list, so I'd expect to see some offerings from them for the Xbox One (which is region free). Good news for shmup fans :)

Also on the list of special interest for shmuppers: G.Rev :)
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: Cave confirmed as Xbox One dev

Post by alienjesus »

Massively surprised to see cave going for the microsoft console again. A lot of their releases are Japan only and the XBox One isn't even out there yet. I doubt it'll be a big seller if their previous systems are anythign to go by. I understand they're region free, but it still surprises me they aren't punishing for Sony systems instead.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

alienjesus wrote:Massively surprised to see cave going for the microsoft console again. A lot of their releases are Japan only and the XBox One isn't even out there. I understand they're region free, but it still surprises me they aren't punishing for Sony systems instead.

They may end up coming to PS4 too, but I've not seen any reason to think that yet.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

dsheinem wrote:
alienjesus wrote:Massively surprised to see cave going for the microsoft console again. A lot of their releases are Japan only and the XBox One isn't even out there. I understand they're region free, but it still surprises me they aren't punishing for Sony systems instead.

They may end up coming to PS4 too, but I've not seen any reason to think that yet.[/quote
Perhaps so. We'll have to wait and see I guess.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

Perhaps the more surprising name on the list is Level-5 who have never made a game for a Microsoft console.

I know it won't be a popular opinion on this board, but I'm expecting Cave to become a digital only developer. They've made a decent push onto iOS and XBLA this last gen and seen some success from it.
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

Some great companies on that list - hopefully a lot of stuff makes it over here too.

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

G.Rev, Genki and Hamster are surprises to me; Genki and Hamster because I didn't realize they were actually still producing games.

Didn't realize that Spike had merged with Chunsoft, either. I'm just hoping none of those Japanese developers are going to be releasing anything exclusively for the XBOX ONE.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

Xbox One is coming out in Japan??
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

pierrot wrote: I'm just hoping none of those Japanese developers are going to be releasing anything exclusively for the XBOX ONE.

Why not? I think Cave actually found a lot of success in being exclusive on the 360, as it created a strong niche market with much less competition for attention than they'd have had on the PS3...
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

dsheinem wrote:
pierrot wrote: I'm just hoping none of those Japanese developers are going to be releasing anything exclusively for the XBOX ONE.

Why not? I think Cave actually found a lot of success in being exclusive on the 360, as it created a strong niche market with much less competition for attention than they'd have had on the PS3...

I just don't want to feel a need to buy the ONE. Truthfully, the only reason I bought a 360 was for the shmups. I just don't want to be sucked into another console with hardware and policies that make me tick in frustration, just because I needs my cotton candy colored, shoot-y spaceship candy.

I'm not convinced Cave wouldn't be in the same relative financial situation had they released more of their shmup catalog on the PS3 as well.