Shmup Of The Month 2014 Discussion

2D Shooters Invade
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Shmup Of The Month 2014 -- Calendar Revealed!

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Apparently 1943 Kai is also on Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded (PSP).
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

samsonlonghair wrote:DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou, Super-X, and Xexex are still problematic. Unless I see another solution, I might have to ask you for MAME help on these.

Those will be easy to set up when the time comes.

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Apparently 1943 Kai is also on Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded (PSP).

My sources didn't have that as available on PSP. Let me check again.

*checks*

Oh damn. I only checked the Remixed collection, not the Reloaded. Seriously Capcom? Got a lot of respect for ya, but if you're gonna have 2 collections on the PSP you could have just called them VOLUME 1 AND 2!

Updated calendar post. This is pretty good news for those who have a PSP. Thanks Bone!

I also updated that the Japanese Capcom Classics Collection Volume 1 is available on PS2 only, not on Xbox.

Anyone else -- be checking on those ports I listed, if you know of one I haven't put on there, post it here! I want as many people as possible playing these games.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

ExedExes wrote:Oh damn. I only checked the Remixed collection, not the Reloaded. Seriously Capcom? Got a lot of respect for ya, but if you're gonna have 2 collections on the PSP you could have just called them VOLUME 1 AND 2!

If Capcom, Konami, Namco, SNK, Atari, Activision, EA, Sega, Midway, Taito, Tecmo, Data East, and others could each release just ONE huge and authoritative compilation of all their classic games I would be beyond thrilled.

Anyway, I am really looking forward to the Genesis games that were chosen. The gameplay footage looks awesome.
Spyke
64-bit

Post by Spyke »

There are several I can join in with. Nice selection I think. Big names and little names.

Ant
Jp-modded PS1 - PAL PS2 - Jp PS2 - Jp Saturn - PAL Xbox 360 - Jp Xbox 360 - Jp MD - Multi-region DC - Spare DC - Pal GC - GBA - DS-Lite
Spyke
64-bit

Post by Spyke »

I wasn't aware that Rayforce and Layer Section are the same game...
I was looking for an excuse to buy a copy of LS, so that suits me!

Ant
Jp-modded PS1 - PAL PS2 - Jp PS2 - Jp Saturn - PAL Xbox 360 - Jp Xbox 360 - Jp MD - Multi-region DC - Spare DC - Pal GC - GBA - DS-Lite
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

If you like Rayforce and Layer Section, check out Gunlock and Galactic Attack! :wink:
Chempop
16-bit

Post by Chempop »

dunpeal2064 wrote:If you like Rayforce and Layer Section, check out Gunlock and Galactic Attack! :wink:

HAHAAHAHAH

In all seriousness though, it's probably my favorite non bullet hell shmup.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Blazing Star is also available for Android devices in the Google Play store -- reveal post has been updated.

It's also 99 cents till January 5th!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Just ordered a copy of RayForce (Galactic Attack) on Saturn. Looking forward to this - don't think I've ever played a Saturn shmup.

I was originally going for the PC version of Taito Legends 2 until I realized it had StarForce DRM. Hell no.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Just ordered a copy of RayForce (Galactic Attack) on Saturn. Looking forward to this - don't think I've ever played a Saturn shmup.

I was originally going for the PC version of Taito Legends 2 until I realized it had StarForce DRM. Hell no.

I bit the bullet. I just had to have it. Sadly, Namco Museum 50th Anniversary and Midway Arcade Treasures Deluxe for PC also have StarForce.