RACKET STGT - Week 2 - MARS MATRIX scoreboard

2D Shooters Invade
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: RACKET STGT - Week 2 - MARS MATRIX scoreboard

Post by dsheinem »

DocHauser wrote:Can anyone who also has the PCB/Xbox version report on a decent setting that gets it fairly close to the original?

Or the PS2 version. Are any/all of them able to be exact (or damn close) to the arcade version, to the extent we can use them in competition?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

so Mushi runs well in MAME then? I loved Futari but never got around to scooping up a port of the original game. This could be a lot of fun then.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Accepted formats / modes for Mushi:
X360 HD - 360 mode (called 360 mode, though it is a port of the arcade / original mode) (this is a JP exclusive, this is not Mushi Futari)
PS2 - Arcade / Original
PCB - Original
MAME - Arcade / Original

If the mode you play says: 1.5, Futari, Maniac, Arrange, Ultra, or Blue Label; that is the wrong version.
EllertMichael
Next-Gen

Post by EllertMichael »

dsheinem wrote:
DocHauser wrote:Can anyone who also has the PCB/Xbox version report on a decent setting that gets it fairly close to the original?

Or the PS2 version. Are any/all of them able to be exact (or damn close) to the arcade version, to the extent we can use them in competition?

From the old cave-stg.com website:
Mushihimesama (Japanese PS2) – ~70~75% slowdown accuracy. Stage 3 in Maniac runs really fast, and it’s far harder to score there than in the PCB. Stage 5 midboss in Maniac is missing crucial slowdown, making this very important scoring part much harder. Ultra mode runs too fast in some parts, and has extra slowdown in others. A few bullet patterns are different in the port, compared to the PCB (such as the stage 4 boss). Plus, the forced blurry graphic filter is really hard on the eyes.

The hi-score table on shmups forum doesn't separate scores based on ports, so that's good enough for me. They do, however, have separate tables for rapid fire settings. I'm guessing for the sake of competition no rapid fire allowed?

hashiriya1 wrote:So...I guess I'm a one-man team. :oops:

Anyhoo, Mushi will be fun. I'll submit a score even though it seems Brad quit.

FTFY. I'll have a (crappy) MM score submitted before the deadline tonight.
DocHauser
128-bit

Post by DocHauser »

Isn't Button C just the normal autofire, as in DDP, Pro Gear, etc? Is it possible to increase the rate of fire even further?
EllertMichael
Next-Gen

Post by EllertMichael »

DocHauser wrote:Isn't Button C just the normal autofire, as in DDP, Pro Gear, etc? Is it possible to increase the rate of fire even further?

Only in the ps2/X360 ports. There are RAPID SHOT and RAPID FULLAUTO options.
(Or if someone has a rapid fire pcb for their cab)

But yes, leaving them stock is the classic DDP-style set-up: buttons A (shot), B (bomb) and C (full auto).
DocHauser
128-bit

Post by DocHauser »

Mushi Original doesn't seem to have the most complicated scoring system among Cave shmups. The main thing separating most people in the Shmups Forum table are how many lives you managed to clear the game with.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

I will submit a score before this evening, just trying to give it my best shot first
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Sweet.

So, blitter at 62 seems to get Mame very close to the ps2 port. The ps2 port and Mame will both be missing slowdown from the 360/pcb versions, primarily in Stage 3/5. With the blitter at 63, the slowdown gets there on stage 3, but then the game has too much slowdown on the boss. So, I think 62 should be what we allow, then anyone using Mame (Or the ps2 port) will just have a harder stage 3/5. The scores should be entirely comparable though.

The only version I haven't played is the 360 port, but the general claim is that it is very accurate to the pcb.

The reason the shmups board has a separate table for rapid is that this game has a crazy rhythm-based scoring system, where you switch between tapping and holding at different rates to make your option's multiplier add to your main multiplier, or some shit like that. So, people can set different auto fire rates to allow them to take advantage of this.
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Post by hashiriya1 »

Oh good, my team is back! :)

Good luck guys, I can't submit a Mars Matrix score so I'm countin on ya!